Transfer car ownership

Hi,
Am selling my car. What is the procedure of transferring my car ownership to the new owner?
Where is the best point that money need to be transferred?

Hi,

Both parties would need visit your insurance company and change it first, then go to traffic directorate (isa town) or traffic counter in Hidd lulu (clear fines if any) fill the documents needed and follow the process.

It is best to settle the money before you sign the ownership change, also draft a letter stating the sale of the car and you have received XYZ amount from XYZ person (also mention the CPR no.) and let that XYZ person sign it, take a copy of CPR as well.

T&R

Hi
Any idea what is the timing of traffic counter in Hidd lulu?

Thanks

Hi Good Evening,

I am planning to buy a used car in Bahrain. Currently, the car owner is in UAE. the car original Ownership card and original Bahrain CPR is available with the car owner cousin in Bahrain. The car owner is ready to send authorisation letter to his cousin to complete the procedure on his behalf. What is the procedure of transferring the car ownership without the presence of the car owner?  Any advice thankfylly will be rveived. Thank you all.

Hello,
According to the rules the form has to be signed by both parties. You can visit the traffic directorate or traffic counter in HIDD to find out if the authorization letter works, i am sure if anyone has done this process earlier they would reply.

https://www.bahrain.bh/wps/portal/!ut/p … BIS9nQSEh/

T&R

Hi, Many thanks for your advice. I wil try as you seggested.. by the way one traffic counter in Lulu Zinj have also.
Thanks

Hi...

Does authorization letter works as to supply the document needed in order to transfer the ownership without the presence of the owner?

Thank you

I have to get ownership transfer of my late dad's car. Can I know what documentation will be required for this process?

Succession certificate from the court.

Hii

Now iam planning to buy a second hand car in Bahrain..I find one car as well

But the owner is in India.. He will not come to Bahrain in future.. What is the solution for it to change the ownership..??And his Cpr expired as well

You need his CPR and signature on transfer document.  Not sure if expired CPR will prevent it from happening.

Who is supposed to pay the ownership transfer fee? Is it the buyer or seller or both parties equally? Is there any specific rule for that?

No rule as such but it is customary for the buyer to pay.