Expat blog is now Expat.com

Hello everyone,

I hope you are doing well.

On behalf of the team and myself, I have the pleasure to welcome you on board of Expat.com.

After 10 years of service, Expat.com has become Expat.com so as to better serve you and address your needs as an expatriate.
From a directory of expatriates' blogs, we have evolved into a real social network for those who live or wish to live abroad. It is an important turning point as with Expat.com we are offering you the ultimate tool to succeed your expatriation.

This change will help us become the reference on the worldwide market thus reflecting who we truly are; the largest participative network dedicated to expats.

I would like to thank you all for your support and participation during the past 10 years, this project has been possible thanks to you.

Before introducing the novelties, I would like to highlight the following :

> Our values – mutual help, friendliness and respect, the core values of our community remain the basis of our identity.
> All contents shared on expat.com have been moved to expat.com. You will be able to find all discussions, messages, announcements and your contacts on this new platform.
> No change in the way to log in, if you have created your member account on expat.com, your username and password remain the same and should be used on expat.com.

Novelties Expat.com

> A new design: a fresher look, more clarity and improved reader comfort.

> A new menu for the ease of navigation: the sections have been grouped in the categories Community and Handy Tools to help you reach the information you are looking for more easily.

> Introduction of 2 major features

- Events: participate or create an event. You will be able to meet up with other members!

- Private messaging system: You can now create private discussion groups.

We will get back to you shortly with a detailed explanation on how these couple of features work.

I now invite you to explore the website … we hope that you would enjoy this new platform!

We welcome all your ideas, comments and suggestions.

Thanks a lot,

Julien

pd: It would be much appreciated if you could share the information by clicking on the "share" below ;)

Hi Julien

Today ( 29 nov.2015 sun) i couldnt sign on to  previous web blog since morning  and now  automatically directed to this new site  just wonderful very wonderfull . Congratulations and thanks to every member that performed to built this site. Still not discovered the new items developments but sure all members will be more happy then before .

Thanks and all the bests.

Edojidai

Hello admin.
Are you aware forum message subscrition link attach to "new reply" message is not working. User is send to "homepage" and not to corresponding forum post.

I guess the "view post" still point to the ild url domain. I wonder how much the new domain cost.

A 1995 domain, congrats julien.
http://whois.domaintools.com/expat.com

The biggest issue is that I receive emails with links and that links cannot be opened because the pages are changed.
So find a way to connect again the old with new, so I can find the discussions I saved because interesting.

Congratulation for the new name. I thank you for all ur hardworks in order to bring easier life for the expat. Really appreciate it. Best regard, Tim.

Hi,

Thank you all for your messages!

Our team is working on the bugs: thank you for reporting them. We are doing our best to fix everything as soon as possible.
In the meantime, don't hesitate to report us any bug you may note or to share your feedback.

Thanks,

Julie
Expat.com Team

Congratulations on your new site!

Hi Julien,
Thank you very much for new Expat.com.Thank you for your help.
My

Hi Sir ,

My account from ex-blog  i can use to Expat .com?

regards,

sonia

Hi Sonia,

You can indeed use your Expat.com credentials on Expat.com.
You will find here all the data shared on expat-blog : topics, ads, pictures, contacts, messages...!

Thanks,

Julie
Expat.com Team

Excellent,

its awesome, all features are good. thank you :)

Great! Congratulation! You guys did a great job :)

I wonder if my comments are published?

Thank you,new post about Expat.com

Hi Julien. Nice fresh clean look. Just had a bit of look around and noticed a few issues. In the country by country forum on the topic listing pages the header is way too deep and takes up a massive amount of the screen even on a large pc.

Clicking "Forum" continually takes you back to the last country visited.

Does not seem possible to edit personal details.

Hi Julien,
I'm pretty much of a "Trog," and don't like complicated online presence, but your new site is great for me!  BTW - I LOVE that we have a short time to edit our comments.  Sometimes I read with horror what I've submitted and really appreciate being able to change my post.  Thanks for all you do and good luck!

congratulation guys

Great job sir. Happy to be a part of it.

My congratulation the hard work you tender toward the peoples all over the world, I here by appreciate your service, so far you have done, lone live expat. com,

Hello,
        I'm still having problems opening  my messages here could you help.
  Than You
   Debbie

Hello The Team
Well done on all your hard work. It looks great.
Regards

Great job , new look more feature, congrates

Julien, congratulation and thank you all! Best regards Etti . :)

NIce work with the new site. You guys did a great job!

Hey i suggest the website need an application on ios and android

great change sounds proffessional

Congrats to you and your team of the launch of this new site..

Unfortunately I missed the D day because I had connection problems but I am really excited that after many months waiting finally the new site is in the air.  And I am very proud that I had a very tiny small part in the developing process.

Give me a couple of days to get used to this site and I will be on full strength again!

Hi,

Thank you for your comments :)

Moroccan1 wrote:

Hey i suggest the website need an application on ios and android

The website has a responsive design: you can easily access it on mobile and tablets.

Thanks,

Julie
Expat.com team

Just my 2 cents on the changes.

There seem to be too much white spaces. Takes up lots of desktop real estate. Can the fonts be smaller and paragraphs compressed a little?

Thanks a lot for the handwork of the team to develop the new website, its amazing and so far nothing wrong noticed.

this makes it a real fun to be a member

cossmo wrote:

Just my 2 cents on the changes.

There seem to be too much white spaces. Takes up lots of desktop real estate. Can the fonts be smaller and paragraphs compressed a little?

try to make fonts and paragraphs smaller in your browser maybe this will help,

in most browsers (Ctrl & + or -)  will do the job

Hi, New messages are not in my mail box ???

On each forum index we used to see who the last poster was in each thread, but that is no longer visible, so we can't see if the last post was our own post.

This new forum isn't easy to get used to after the old one, even after a few days using it.

I keep finding I end up at the first post in a thread too often when I want to be at the end.

Getting back to the index is also not easy. Nothing to click on anymore..

example: Looking at one post, in the Philippines Forum (https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=201) the top breadcrumbs bar is:
All forums  Philippines  Manila  Forum  Work

All forums  leads to https://www.expat.com/forum/
Philippines  leads to https://www.expat.com/en/destination/asia/philippines/
Manila  leads to https://www.expat.com/en/destination/as … es/manila/
Forum  leads to https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=590
Work leads to https://www.expat.com/forum/590-5-work-in-manila.html

Nothing leads back to https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=201

yeah a preview of the replied post whilst replying would be useful. I find myself having to go back and finding the index can be rather annoying also.

Hi,

Thank you for your feedbacks.
All your remarks and suggestions will be recorded so that we can work on them and improve the website.

cossmo wrote:

yeah a preview of the replied post whilst replying would be useful. I find myself having to go back and finding the index can be rather annoying also.

The process is the same as on expat-blog. While replying, should you want to go back to the post, you can click on "Back to topic".

For any questions not related to the new website, I invite you to create a new thread.

Thanks and have a nice day,

Julie
Expat.com team

Julie wrote:

The process is the same as on expat-blog. While replying, should you want to go back to the post, you can click on "Back to topic".

I think ABCDiamond has explained it better than I did. Lets say for example, I have replied to a particular post in a thread without the use of Quotes. Whilst responding, often we may need to refer back to the post. Clicking on Back to post will take you to the start of the thread. Finding the actual post within the thread can be annoying depending on the thread's length. The suggestion is to put a preview of the thread possible above the reply box for easy reference. I guess one can also use the quick reply right?

I understand that you guys have built your platform from the ground up and takes lots of time to implement another module.

When I write a reply, such as this, on a pc, I only need to scroll up slightly if I want to refer back to a recent comment. I just use the mouse scroll wheel.

So how do I now get a message up onto here?  Nightowl.

Meet expats all over the world

OR