Pentru Romanii din Mexic...

Asi fi interesata sa cunosc alti romani care traiesc in Mexic...schimb de experiente...si sunt curioasa,am auzit ca majoritatea romanilor de aici sunt artisti(pictori,muzicieni,poeti,actori etc.),e chiar asa???eu am facut 9 ani de arte plastice...ok,take care!!!

Noemi and HillbillyCat,
Kindly only post in English in this forum!
On Expat.com, we can only accept messages either in Spanish, English and French in their respective forums.
Thanks for your understanding
Cheers
Arlette

i am romanian, living in df for at least the next 3 months. i would like to hang out with some romanians (and their friends, of course). anybody who's cool with that - hit me up!

Sorry i did not know that you have to talk just in english...ok i will...i am srry

shot.ron wrote:

i am romanian, living in df for at least the next 3 months. i would like to hang out with some romanians (and their friends, of course). anybody who's cool with that - hit me up!

Hi shot.ron, welcome on Expat.com!
Well, it seems that you are already 3 Romanians in this discussion! But you might also want to to check out the Network of Romanians in Mexico.
Good luck
Arlette

Hello, I am romanian, living since this February with my family (wife and 2 kids) in San Luis Potosi. Yesterday I met for the first time, since here , a romanian fellow. It seems he knows other 10 here in SLP.

Hello Dumid, you should invite them to join Expat.com :) Why not?

Hi, my name is Roxana and i live for now in DF. I would like also, to meet other romanians fron DF...if there are any besides the people from the consulate.....

So there are romanians here,some,not that much...but they are:P...i miss talking in romanian with somebody...i'm engaged with a mexican and i'm the only romanian in the family...the only romanian that they ever met,but that's cool...i love this place Mexico City full of culture full of history...
And what do you think abput D.F.???
Cool place...

Yes, to my amasement i see that there are...but would be nice if we can meet and talk Romanian....

Hi, my name is Dragos and I am in SLP with my wife and 2 kids, all romanians. We will be in DF at the end of October because my grandmom is coming to visit us and we will pick her from the airport. Again, we will be in DF in November as we need to renew our son's passport.
I met another romanian here in SLP from Pitesti and he knows another 11 romanians that are working here with him in the same company. They all are from Pitesti and Timisoara. Forgot to tell you that we are from Ploiesti.
We plan to meet all of us next week-end.

Hi to everyone here, you can see y name, I just wanna ask about the weather in Mexico in november. I intend to visit from 8-th of nov till the end of month. Can someone please help me with info about the weather? And by the way, don't know Spanish, just learning some, do you think I will manage? Also been alone in India in 2006 for the same time,3 wks and managed. Thank you!

Hello Diana. The weather should be fine, the rainy season is about to end. Where exactly are you planning to come? What would you like to visit? Do not worry about spanish, you will be fine.

Ehhhh i'm here for 3 months and i don't know spanish that good but now i know how to handle it...and spanish is a lot like romanian and you will understand a lot of things...it is easy...i have to say not a lot of mexicans know english,some know some don't...you will be fine i tell you that...cool:rolleyes:;):cool:

Noemy, just sent you a private message. See it, maybe we talk romanian.

ok...:D

let me know if you receive my reply.

we should make a romanian community in ciudad de mexico,there should  be more romanians here :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: ...what do you say???

Totally agree. From imigration, i heard that there are about 600 romanians all over Mexico. Anyway, there were about 130 only in SLP, but it seems that only 60 are still here.

Thank you so much, Dragos, feel much released after reading what you said as I heard some contradictory info about that. Think temperature is hot compared to Romania, maybe colder in the evening and night but not so cold. First you and Noemy too relesed my fears about spanish, don't doubt I will manage. You ask where do I plan to go, well-well, after landing in Mexico City think I should spend few days there to see, and then, I really don't know yet. It's a pitty to go to Mexico and not to see the famous sites there like Chichen Itza, Palenque, Teotihuacan, so on.... a lot to see there, and I will see some of the famous 'stones', for sure, but I myself I'm more interested in people and civilization nowadays, and I'd prefer rather to stay in regular small hotels or guest houses not in fancy touristic hotels. How safe is there? Do you have anything to recommend? Thanks in advance.

Hi Diana,

In November should be in DF as from 24 to 30 during the day and bellow 20 at night. For me, DF was not scary or dangerous, we have been there 4 times, always by car and never got lost. The traffic is a nightmare but not impossible. to be honest I always stayed in top hotels because my company was paying all the time, so do not know what to reccomend you as on budget. For this, please check tripadvisor and you will be fine.
I can advise you on Acapulco and Puerto Vallarta and of course San Luis. Other places we have been and can advise you are: Queretaro, Zacatecas, Leon, Guadalajara.
Everywhere we have been, never felt unsafe.

again good news for me! Sounds great! for the moment have to go sleep, and be sure when I'll need some advice about a place or other i will ask you. For my information, can you please tell me where I can better find the real mexican lifestyle, mean west, north or... of Mexico City? far from that?

I guess it is everywhere, maybe except Cancun and Los Cabos. Anyway, I am going to send you a private message with my email and phone #, it will be easier to communicate.

See you in Mexico!

In mexico city you will not find that much of mexican life style try small towns or other regions of mexico where just natives live...that could be an idea...and that is more cheap...tourists just love mexican food,and i could say that is different from romanian food...it's very very very spicy..i love it...but if you are not accustomed to it will be difficult...ooo and don't and i mean don't eat from the street DON'T EAT FROM THE STREET!!!if you care of your body and your stomach and if you don't want to visit the mexican hospital... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Cool place with cool things to see...

that was for Diana...hope that you will like this place

Thank you very much, Noemy! You 'm-ai linistit' very much. Seems everything is as I imagined. Have to see if I'll be able to handle! Trust I will!See you later, can't talk now!!!:)

no more romanins in mexico???come on!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hello, i live in estado de mexico for almost a year now, i am from Romania, and i would also like to meet other romanians, or at least to speak with some. I think the idea with the romanian comunity is very nice...

it will be cool if we could do something like a community...so what could we do for it???ehhh "om trai si om vedea"...you know that saying...

hello, how R U?

just fine...and you?

well, we miss our friends and home. I guess we will be going for 3 weeks next March.

coll,i miss my friends to and i miss arad so bad...but next year i will go and visit arad again...:):):) just visit :P

salut.

Si pe mine ma intereseaza sa cunosc alti romani care traiesc in Mexic, asa ca daca vrei...poti sa imi scrii un mail si vedem cum facem.

Hello Teodora :)

If you prefer writing in Spanish, i would suggest that you re-post your message in the Spanish forum.

Could you please write in English in this Anglophone forum?

Thanks.

Ola, Soy una rumana, viviendo en Tijuana. Tengo 6 meses desde que estoy aqui. Cuando llege em Mexico , fui a D.F., despues fuimos a Oaxaca, Puerto Escondido, y finalmenete nos mudamos a vivir aqui en Tijuana. No conoci ningun rumano por aqui. Me gustaria saber tambien si hay rumanos por aqui, y tambien ponerme en contacto con los que estan viviendo en el D.F., alomejor , nos vamos a ver cuando visito D.F.

Welcome to Expat-blog, Puiliana :)

Could you please, write in English in this anglophone forum?

If you prefer Spanish then you can interact in Spanish in the Spanish forum.

Thanking you for your comprehension.

Regards,
Sheetul

Hello Iuliana. Do not know if there are romanians in Tijuana but there are always a few in Mexicali. Lots of colleagues of mine come and visit our facilities in Mexicali.
How did you ended up in Tijuana, heard is quite dangerous.

i love to see romanians talking :):P:D

yeah. For all of you, big announcement: this saturday at the Romanian Embassy in Mexico City, is going to be a meeting with romanians at 6pm. Please, be there!