Your opinion matters: contacts VS friends system

Hi,

I am currently redesigning the contact system, and I have a few questions. What name would you choose for this feature, "Contacts list" or "Friends list" ?

Could you please vote here? http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PNCLQ6B

Thanks,

Julien

Thanks for your votes!

75% of the participants voted for "contacts"

I really liked that particular comment:
"Friends are contacts, but contacts aren't always friends"

We'll start with a contacts system, with maybe an inner friends folder in a few weeks ;)

Yay, i'm all for Contacts.. however i'd still like to know if the board is going to be changed so that random people can't add you as a 'Contact' without first getting your approval!  Yet another 'hey sweety' message has arrived in my inbox, and yet again its from someone who has added me as a contact without any prior conversation, basically just to use this site as a way to chat up women. 

I'm finding this increasingly frustrating, especially as I joined this and other forums like it for information purposes to assist my stay in Libya. But at the end of the day, i'm starting to feel that this site, much like the others that I have already left, will soon be kicked to the kerb due to certain members insisting on using it as a pseudo-dating site.. :(

flipfinger wrote:

Yay, i'm all for Contacts.. however i'd still like to know if the board is going to be changed so that random people can't add you as a 'Contact' without first getting your approval!

That's the main reason of the change ;)

Yay, thanks Julien, you rock :)

flipfinger, just looked at your profile. It must be supremely gratifying to be sought after so persistently :D

Yeah especially when i'm such an arse about it :D

Maybe you're just playing 'hard to get' ?
;):lol:

ROTFL Yup, that must be it... :D

Hi guys,

the first prototype is online (I call it "contacts V2"). Have a look to your contacts, I am pretty sure you'll be impressed how many "pending contact requests" are in your list :lol:

I won't explain the whole system for now, I've done my best to make it easy to use.

I am now waiting for your comments :)

I'll soon improve this version - I hope I didn't leave too many bugs

Julien