An affordable Islamic school for my kids in Jordan/ KSA...

Salam Alaikum,

I am looking to move in a years time to Jordan..

For the kids, I am after an affordable Islamic school where they can learn Arabic from start. The kids are aged 15, 11, 9 and 6. Son aged 15 wants to study engineering in future..currently studying GCSE in British curriculum and becoming hafidh. Daughter aged 11 just finished elementary school and is in secondary state funded school but she wants to pursue Islamic studies including Arabic language, Haafidhaa and Aaalima courses in Hanafi madhhab...whats the best way forward...Currently, I am a Special Education Needs Teaching Assistant at a Muslim Secondary School in Leicester..as a single parent I have life as a beautiful struggle but I hope the support and guidance from this forum will show me the right approach of imparting good knowledge to my kids.I also need affordable housing around their schools.

Jazakallah Khair
Rehana

I suggest you the school i graduated from
It's called "Islamic scientefic college".
tution is reasonable i think 2000 dinars per year or less.
and it's a strong education system school!

Hypertyper wrote:

I suggest you the school i graduated from
It's called "Islamic scientefic college".
tution is reasonable i think 2000 dinars per year or less.
and it's a strong education system school!

I don't think its 2000 JD... my son is going to be in KG1 and they are asking for 2500 per year and doesn't include registration fees and books .. and its just at KG level :)

Salam Alikom Rehana

where u will live ?

i suggest u Alhassad school
http://www.hts.jo/final/index-ar.php

or new good school
Al Burj Jordanian Turkish Education School.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/%D9%85%D … 6546535150

since you love it here , living in jordan, put your kids in a  government school(they,re affordable) let them experience the real jordan community and live under same standards common jordanians live under . you love living here , right?

I have bad experiances with the Al Hasaad school!
They don't admit it but they have a hidden agenda: they teach the childeren to hate the Israeli's.
How I know? My children draw some pictures about killing, planes etc and they told me that they saw a cartoon about this subject.
When I found out, I search for a anouther school.

@ Primadonna, all people here hate Israel, how not when they have stolen our lands and killed our people?
I don't want to get into politics, i just want to remind you that these people Come from Europe and America.

also, my relatives who study in Israeli schools, are being taugh to hate arabs. and muslims.

Hello all,
I believe this forum community invites all people to share good and bad, agree and argue but try to be friends again. My post was to get invaluable guidance from all forum users, not to discuss politics.
Can't ‘WE' forget politics and all unite for cohesion...? I would like to share something what my budding kids & I enjoy regularly and over and over again….
Originally written and produced by Michael Jackson (1992)
All rights reserved by Gallo Music Publishers (Pty) Ltd / Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp   

Heal the World-Performed by Zain Bhikha
www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-59ngOqbCk
There's a place in your heart
And I know that it is love
And this place could be much
Brighter than tomorrow
And if you really try
You'll find there's no need to cry
In this place you'll feel
There's no hurt or sorrow

There are ways to get there
If you care enough for the living
Make a little space
To make a better place

If you want to know why
There's a love that cannot lie
Love is strong it only cares for joyful giving
If we try we shall see
In this bliss we cannot feel
Fear or dread we stop existing
And start living

Then it feels that always
Love's enough for us growing
So make a better world
Make a better world

And The Dream We Were Conceived In Will Reveal A Joyful Face
And The World We Once Believed In Will Shine Again In Grace
Then Why Do We Keep Strangling Life
Wound This Earth, Crucify Its Soul
Though It's Plain To See
This World Is Heavenly
Be God's Glow

We Could Fly So High
Let Our Spirits Never Die
In My Heart, I Feel You Are All My Brothers
Create a World with No Fear
Together we'll Cry Happy Tears
See the Nations Turn Their Swords into Ploughshares

We Could Really Get There
If You Cared Enough for the Living
Make A Little Space
To Make A Better Place

And another one by Sami Yusuf…
Forgotten Promises
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKV2oeS4vw8
Tonight the World will sleep but Hunger will not wait for promises we made
we share one soul we share one land we have one time to understand
we all one human kind brothers side by side, we'll have no regret we will not forget
we all one human kind sisters side by side, we'll have no regret we will Not forget
سامحنا يالله وارحمنا يارباه وامنح رزقك للافواه وابعد عنها كل الاه
Our words must count, Hunger will not wait for promises we made
we share one soul we share one land we have one time to understand
we all one human kind brothers side by side , we'll have no regret we will not forget
we all one human kind sisters side by side ,we'll have no regret we will Not forget
سامحنا يالله وارحمنا يارباه وامنح رزقك للافواه وابعد عنها كل الاه
(African language ………..)
Our words must count, Hunger will not wait for promises we made

Regards,
Flowerinjannah:)

Hypertyper wrote:

@ Primadonna, all people here hate Israel, how not when they have stolen our lands and killed our people?
I don't want to get into politics, i just want to remind you that these people Come from Europe and America.

also, my relatives who study in Israeli schools, are being taugh to hate arabs. and muslims.

@hypertyper: I don't want that either but I just want to say that is not normal: childeren must not been brainwashed by hidden agenda's at school. Let them self decide and find out what's all about.
In my homecountry they don't learn about the Germans what they did at W.O.2 and say that they are bat people!

For me the Hasaad is not an options because of this and they are really expensive.

shobaki wrote:

Salam Alikom Rehana

where u will live ?

or new good school
Al Burj Jordanian Turkish Education School.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/%D9%85%D … 6546535150

I,ve heard about the Islamic Scientific College and Cambridge High schools  but again they are pricey... High fees = High quality education/teaching?  How does one equate this?

I am a teacher but in my country, government schools are the best because of the high standards of facilities and all the teachers have to go through the Teaching diploma before they start teaching. Also each year all teachers have to attend at least 100 training hours and given $700 per year to spend on anything that can enhance their teachings in the class. Not to mention each teacher is given a laptop and a digital camera. As the saying goes.. Teach less learn more.. meaning less chalk and talk but more of discovery learning. Less teacher-centred, more student-centred learning.

I have a short stint in a private school here, all I can say.. there is no standardisation where teaching is concern. Good if the teacher is dedicated but most of them are just looking forward to the paycheck at the end of the month :( sad but true

Salam Ummjacoub,
"As the saying goes.. Teach less learn more.. meaning less chalk and talk but more of discovery learning. Less teacher-centred, more student-centred learning.

I have a short stint in a private school here, all I can say.. there is no standardisation where teaching is concern. Good if the teacher is dedicated but most of them are just looking forward to the paycheck at the end of the month sad sad but true..."

Ur words are the similar situation I can describe in my locality in Leicester...People have been spending high fees to offer  Islamic Curriculum to their children; no doubt, they are offered the subjects along with the Academic subjects like english and maths..but the real teaching staff isn't thorough enough to differentiate and deliver a cross -curricular approach to curriculum, neither are they able to provide an expertise...that is why m considering a move to KSA/JO..most probably by the end of June/July next year as I am still with some CPD and son needs to finish his hifdh and GCSE in a 'private' Islamic School...in UK..where the islamic aspect is excellent but the other subject teachers havent been doing much..
Regards
Rehana

but the real teaching staff isn't thorough enough to differentiate and deliver a cross -curricular approach to curriculum, neither are they able to provide an expertise...that is why m considering a move to KSA/JO.

I have yet to come across differentiated learning approach here in Amman. Most teachers adapt the "one shoe fits all" teaching style. I am a qualified teacher yet it has been hard for me to land a teaching job simply because of lack of networking. If you know anyone from the schools then it's easier for they will recommend you to get a job. Needless to say, it has little to do with the credibility and competency but more of knowing the right people. To those teachers out there (i.e. in Amman), correct me if I'm wrong :)

@ Flowerinjannah: maybe a stupid question but do you speak and read Arabic?

In that case my husband can give you a private message in Arabic

For me the Hasaad is not an options because of this and they are really expensive.

Read on a news paper article recently... many private schools raise their fees this year. Seems like only the elites and affluent can send their kids to private schools.

umm jacoub wrote:

Read on a news paper article recently... many private schools raise their fees this year. Seems like only the elites and affluent can send their kids to private schools.

Thats true, but my kids goes to a private school wich is less expensive than the Hasaad.

Hello sis Rehana etc...

I stumbled across this forum as I was also searching for an Islamic school for my kids in Jordan. I moved to Amman this month and was wondering if you've made any headway on your own search that might be helpful to me.

I've seen a couple like al-bayan, al-aqsa, al-ittihad schools...any insight?

Jazakillah khair

hi ,you are welcome here in Jordan and you can have many schools help you get good education about Arabic language and Islam ,if you like there are good proposed school your children will be helpful to learn Quran and be hofad too.
[link moderated]

Hello snaser,

As I am simply in search of good Islamic curriculum, I am sure Allah is with us..

To seek the right path to race to jannah, I am seeking a good tarbiyah for my children. I will say alhamdulillah if they learn arabic and learn to understand al quran, most importantly practise it as much as they can. If they have multilingual skills they will be able to transfer their ideas from one language to another..research has proven it.

So it may not suit all, but my girls will be in local free schools for their language. If Allah is our sustainer, insha allah they will certainly succeed where ever they are..if they practise islam.
In a competitive global world, a worm beneath the rock gets his rizq from allah, if we as believers will remain steadfast to our islam, then insha allah we will get it too, I am not concerned about their duniya..its a good islamic curriculum that I am after...any good islamic hanafi islamic scholar to guide them.

Hello,

I hope that God gives you the best. I am not sure that coming to Jordan is the best to find a good Islamic International school. You options where you are will be much better. Schools here are mediocre at best and the good ones are very expensive!

Assalaamu Alaikum, Sister
I found your question when I was searching on-line about schools in Jordan.  I am also thinking about moving to Jordan so that my children can learn Arabic to understand that Qur'an etc.  Are you happy with your move?  Would you recommend it?  I'm thinking of living there with my children while my husband continues to work in another country for some time.  Were you able to go without a husband?  If you have time to reply, I'd love to know if you are happy with your decision to move there for your children's Arabic/Islamic education. 
Jazak Allah Khair
Megan

Salam, pls let me know if u found it already as i have same issues with u for my daughter

@flowerinjannah
Assalamu aleykum sister, I know this post is old but just found it and wondering how did it work out for you? I'm also from Leicester and in the same situation. I hope you found what you was looking for.

JazakAllahu kheir
@flowerinjannah
Assalamu aleykum sister, I know this post is old but just found it and wondering how did it work out for you? I'm also from Leicester and in the same situation. I hope you found what you was looking for.

JazakAllahu kheir
- @Aljada

Don't expect she will read and comment on your reply as she's been inactive for seven years.

@Aljada Assalamo alaykom

I am planning to visit Jordan hoping to move kids there insha'Allah... If you do get any information please share. I will do the same insha'Allah.

I live in London currently.

@flowerinjannah

Hi rehana can my kids age 15 study islamic arabic and tahfiz they ? My kids from singapore now study at yamen but finish they

@shwhat obaki

What school is this