Finding an apartment

I want to move to tartu and are wondering how many days in hotel i should expect before i find an apartment. Does anyone have experience with this?

Is it hard to find an apartment (where i come from its very hard (many people that fight over few apartments))?

Im traveling to tartu on the 15th of may, so i would like to know as early as possible (easier/cheaper to book hotel in advance)

My friend isn't very difficult to find a flat to rent in estonian cities,Tartu included. But how fast you gonna it depends only on you(in my case it took 2 days ;) )
What you should do?! Here's an advice:
- book a bed in a hostel(there are rooms with 4,8,12 beds and usually you gonna pay around 10euro/night...I advise you to book the bed for at least 2-3 days)
- as soon as you arrive there,go to a store and buy a mobile phone-card(SIM) and then get on internet and search the sites("kv.ee" & others) for flat offers ...when you find something you might like phone to that number and settle a meeting in order to see the apartament and to find out the general terms; when calling an agency ask them if they speak English first.
- if everything is ok the papers are gonna be ready in one day but they will be written in Estonian(if you want them in English is gonna cost you about 75 euro).You gonna have to pay one month's rent in advance+the colateral/guaranty+the renting firm's commission; in general this sum is 3X month rent.
- if you know someone there it would be wonderfull.

very helpful info

thank you!

Anubyus left a good reply

To add to it, I advise you to check out this link
http://www.city24.ee/client/city24clien … 0d0f3a553f

(I selected the English option for you) you can select "Flat" "Rent" and city to "Tartu" that will bring up all rentals in Tartu.

You can also try www.kv.eehttp://www.kv.ee/ just select and go to the site (click the UK flag for English) and punch in the same search requirements.

There is a nice and inexpensive hostel directly in town center square (here in Tartu) and it is a good place to hold up for a few days while you search an apartment. They usually have wifi in them, grab a sim card and bring/buy an unlocked phone.

Several landlords own their own places they rent out in Tartu. If you need some help... send me a PM... I live in Tartu.

Good Luck!
Chris

Good reply thanks..