Cayo TGIF Meetup

As some of you may recall, last year I started the Cayo Friendship Club with another expat, but he had to move back to Corozal. So I\'m taking the group over myself.

New year, new name. I\'ll be calling it the Cayo TGIF Meetup, where any and all folks (expats and locals alike) can come start their weekend by having a beer or lime juice, ordering some food if they\'re hungry, and getting to know each other.

I\'ll also only be doing the meetups once a month, which hopefully will improve turnout, since keeping up with a weekly group can be challenging for some people.

The first meetup will be Friday, January 20, at 2 p.m. at Flayva\'s on Burns Avenue, back patio. If you think you can come, let me know. The success of the group continuing will depend on you, so I hope to see a lot of you there!

i won't be able to make this one, i would like to be there for a feb or march meeting. as a sugestion, would you be willing to a meeting on the 3rd or 4th friday of each month. that way people can make plans further out into thier schedule. my situation is that i need to fly over to there from fla.

Strangeluck65, this meetup is intended more for those of us who live here already, so two week\'s notice is generally sufficient.

I can say that I plan on doing these monthly, on either the 3rd or 4th Friday, depending on my schedule.  So just keep your eyes open for the February announcement, and if you\'re around and can make it, great! Would be happy to have you join us. Thanks! Sharon

Hi Sharon,

if you'd like to organize an "Expat.com meet up" in Belize, I guess the team and I could help ;) please let me know what you think

All the best,

Julien

I tried that once with Julie, Julien, and it just didn\'t work. A lot of the expats on this forum don\'t live in Belize yet, or they live in different parts of Belize (not Cayo), so they didn\'t understand why they were getting emails from me inviting them to the meetup. Just posting a new discussion works fine. Thanks! Sharon

Looking forward to seeing some of you there today!