Professionals in Nepal

Hi all!

I recently visited Nepal, and of course, fell in love with the place, the people, the culture.

I specifically enjoyed the time spent in a couple of orphanages that we've linked up with. I'd like to work towards being able to do some personal skills development with the older children I've met - they have so much potential!  Right now I anticipate that helping them prepare for the job market would be a big focus.

However, I'm under no illusions that I am adequately prepared to add any value at this time. Not only would I need to learn a lot more in terms of Nepalese culture (one visit does not an expert make!), but I'd also need a great deal of insight into the job market in Nepal: Understanding the key industry sectors; current context in the various regions; and which competencies, behaviours and attitudes are deemed to be desirable or valuable in the Nepal job market (taking into consideration Nepalese culture in general)?

Clearly I'd need to spend some more time in Nepal, but I thought that, in the interim, I'd begin with seeing if there are any expat and Nepalese professionals out there who would be willing to share some of their knowledge, insights and experiences with me.

I'd really welcome your input, no matter how small.  Thank you!

Yes Obviously,your feeling good about nepal and people from here.Actually I am a professional teacher here in Nepal.To know nepalese culture,You have to teach childerns here in Nepal.I can be helpful to you if you are interested to write me at besto_2010@hotmail.com

Cheers
Besto(Nick name)
Kishor Lamsal(real name)
Kathmandu,nepal

Thanks, Kishor!  I'll do that.

thank you very much initally for such beautiful words for Nepal

We're glad to know that you had gone to Nepal and are now interested in Nepali culture,our heart is always open for such good task.

I am very interested in learning about the orphanages you volunteered at. If you could send me the names and contact information as well as some of your experiences I can include them in the book that I am writing. I get very annoyed with NGOs that take advantage of the children and volunteers.

There are a lot of ways to be able to stay here long term. I am working with an American now who's goal is to stay here. I think we have a good plan. She will also be earning money in the US so she can come back. That will get her here a lot sooner. If you want to discuss some ways you might use your own skills to stay here please feel free to let me know. I am happy to help anyone to be able to be here. You would be surprised at what we can come up with by brainstorming. I see potential here everywhere.

The book it called Nepal On a Budget and has a lot of information on life here. The point of the book is to help tourists and expats to choose to come to Nepal. I've been here over two years and cannot see myself living anywhere else.

Check out my blog, listed here on expat, http://FrugalTravelsNepal.Blogspot.com or web site: http://NepalOnaBudget.com