Building contractor

Hi all,

My name is Daniel.

Please does anyone know any good  and reliable contractor in Porto? I am starting a new building project in July and would require a reliable contractor to handle and deliver the the project on time.

Your suggestions and advice are welcome. 

Thanks

Daniel

Daniel, I would love to help, but from my experience these are few and far between.  Have completed 2 renovation projects on my property in the last 2 years, (in Ribotejo).

Neither on time, and a lot of constant discussion on materials, as their estimate would be based on their choices, which when you expect a better quality,  keeps pushing up rates.

But ultimately the standard of work was good, and the tradesmen were good.

my recommendation is: go and see sites they have completed, as well as sites they are working on; it will tell you a lot!

Hi 

my recommendation is to get quotes from architects not tradespeople. when you establish a contract with the architect they will be responsible for organising tradespeople to get the job done within the agreed specification,  materials, time and budget. the architect would have to pay penalties if not done as agreed

I agree with @Mydeliveries.  I have a project starting now in the Portalegre district and have employed an architect.  So far, her recommendations and experience with contractors in that area have proved invaluable.

@daniyke

Hi Dan, i am a uk trained builder with over 30 years experience, if i can help u at all please drop me a message i live 30 - 40 mins from Porto.

warm regards Adam