Housing in the Santa Isabel area.

I've been looking at some real-estate listings in the South-west and there seems to be an abundance of listings in the Santa Isabel area, in particular an area just to the East of the town.  I read an article regarding landslides in that area in 2019 and am wondering if it's possible that this has prompted residents to move from that particular area? 

I've also looked at a house in that area that is surrounded by 6' chain link with barbed wire at the top as well as floodlights mounted on metal posts and the house appears to have a lot of security cameras, bars on windows, security system etc.     I did not notice this level of precaution in the other listings I looked at, even along the coast where the majority of recent 'troubles' appear to be occurring.

Is this area experiencing enough of an uptick in crime that it's encouraging residents to leave that particular area?   Or maybe I am being too cautious and this resident just likes to take 'extra' precautions?  What is the town Santa Isabel like regarding crime?