Private Pensions In Brazil

Hello you marvelous people, I'm hoping that there is someone that can help with a couple of questions on my private pension.

My original plan was to draw down a substantial sum in order to purchase property in SP shortly after arrival. Sadly that cannot be done due the 45% tax burden here in the UK on the amount that I had hoped for.

Having spoken to my financial advisor, he advised that it may be possible to move my private pension to Brazil. Has anyone from the UK done this, and what were the taxation burdens in relation to moving it?

The alternative is to take a smaller sum to use as a large deposit and then either I or my partner or both, would take out a loan for the remaining amount. My monthly income based on my UK state pension plus draw down on private one would be around BR$11k at current exchange rates. So is there anyone that has gone down this route and how difficult or easy was the process?

Finally, would it be better to leave my pension here in the UK and transfer monthly via my UK bank account and Wise Transfer?

We are still in the early days of planning our move, but obviously want to get as much advise as we can.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

I have never known anyone move a pension fund from the UK to Brazil, and you will probably have to face UK tax in any event. Best bet is your suggestion to receive in the UK, then transfer to your bank account in Brazil. Be aware you may find it difficult to get a loan here, with zero income...

Hello you marvelous people, I'm hoping that there is someone that can help with a couple of questions on my private pension.

Licensed Real Estate Broker, take it with a grain of salt if you may. Practice in Sao Paulo and outlier communities.

My original plan was to draw down a substantial sum in order to purchase property in SP shortly after arrival. Sadly that cannot be done due the 45% tax burden here in the UK on the amount that I had hoped for.
Having spoken to my financial advisor, he advised that it may be possible to move my private pension to Brazil. Has anyone from the UK done this, and what were the taxation burdens in relation to moving it?

Moving your private pension. it depends on your Chartered Insurance Carrier. Very few can do, if any.

It's a mind twister.   I would not dwell too much on it.

The alternative is to take a smaller sum to use as a large deposit and then either I or my partner or both, would take out a loan for the remaining amount. My monthly income based on my UK state pension plus draw down on private one would be around BR$11k at current exchange rates. So is there anyone that has gone down this route and how difficult or easy was the process?

That puts you on getting a direct loan. Forget  commercial banks. A developer's loan. They might do this. Only caveat is, it takes your leverage away in choosing the property, and you will not benefit from getting undervalued real estate. It brings you under the realm of new buildings.  And , they do charge quite a juice on interest rates.

There are plenty out here, and not all are up to it.  And you are not paying comp rates. You are buying new, you have up front costs to fit the unit,. and your basis of pricing is replacement cost + profits.

Meaning, if a market calls for R$ 5,000 per square meters, you could end up paying R$ 12,000 per square meter, granted a shiny new one.  For all it is worth, the old one will do a whole lot better in terms of what you getting for your money./

Finally, would it be better to leave my pension here in the UK and transfer monthly via my UK bank account and Wise Transfer?

Probably so.. 

Given rental rates are not sky high here, you won't miss a lot by renting in the first couple years.   That allows you to learn the lay of the land.

Another way to look into this is...

Make an arrangement with someone who can front you the money in the UK, square off on the interest rates, and have them close by so that once you strike your acquisitive target, they can help to expedite with the money transfer.

We are still in the early days of planning our move, but obviously want to get as much advise as we can.
If that person is close enough to you, you can give him/her, first dibs on good deals on Brasil.  I am sure they can appreciate having some of their own to wade Brazilian water rather than to trust  and get burned by a local broker.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

You are welcomed.
    -@davidhall1959