Cost of Construction in Mauritius

Hi

I would like to know the cost of construction in Mauritius and some reference if ever someone can provide

Thanks you

@Marinafoods

Hello and welcome !

Maybe you could reach out to Natasha, she has an ongoing construction project : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1055018

Regards

Bhavna

@Marinafoods i can help

Hello Nursigadoo,

If you have any information, please share it directly on the forum so that everyone can benefit from it.

Thank you,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

It really depends on what you want to construct. I would say about 7 million rupees for the average house. Maybe give us some more details on what you wish to construct.

Hoping this would help people: Mauritian price is around Rs 1300-Rs 1500/sq ft for grey works.Materials are included.

I can't give you construction costs in Mauritius but I am currently building in the Western Cape, South Africa.

My construction costs, excluding land, architect fees and landscaping are around Rs 6000 sq ft. This does include finishes such as tiled/wooden floors, fitted bathrooms and kitchens, swimming pool, solar system etc. I would have expected labour and material costs to be higher in Mauritius. At the same time my build includes cavity wall insulation and double glazing which you wouldn't require here.