Moving to Sharm

Hi All , I coming to Sharm next month for 4 weeks to find a nice apartment to stay in when I return in July hopefully permanently.

What's the best place for a Brit to stay , I'm 54 and would like to get a social life with people.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

@Ronanmckay

hi

its much better place i think hurghada its very nice place a d reasonable price  for everything you need

Hi Ronan Sharm is nice place to stay, many English expats live here too. I have an apartment with all amenities.available for month April. It's in resort Delta Sharm the best one in Sharm. If Ur interested let me know...

Hello, sharm is lovely… we just moved there but a social life is very complicated! Very few expats…

sharm is very calm… you may consider orher alternatives like Hurgada

@Katkota I've messaged you.

@sabbydoo Why do you say Hurghada?.

Do you regret going to Sharm, Where are you staying?.

Thanks

Why its good choice if you consider owning an apartment or a villa in Hurghada were you can spend your holiday or a long vacation by the beautiful Red Sea without worrying about rent and the hassle of finding a nice comfortable place to stay other than the Hotels available around the city.

If you decide to live in Hurghada and spend most of the year here, then you will save lots of money out of taxes back home, as there are almost no taxes to pay here in Egypt for you. The cost of living and buying an apartment or villa here is for sure much more cheap than doing that back home. You can also rent the place for the rest of the year and make money out of it while you are away.

The cost of living depends on your life style but in general it is very cheap compared to Europe. The Red Sea is truly an amazing destination for you and your family. It is a magical place to spend your holidays or even live for months or after your retirement.

Hurghada, as the third largest city in Egypt and a huge tourist area, has great employment and investment potential. You will find many foreigners living there and working or coming for months to relax and enjoy the beach in their beach house or villa.

There are also lots of beaches inside great hotels where you can enjoy a day use in swimming, snorkeling from the house reefs, having fun in a water park or even learning or practicing one of many water sports that professional centers provide such as kite surfing.

There are also public beaches that don't cost as much where you can just enjoy the beach sand and sea view in peace.

@X large Clothing shop

Hi

I've only ever been to Sharm 4 times.

I'm coming out next month for a month to look for the best place for a Brit to stay long term.

Where's the best place for me?.

So Hurghada I've never experienced so don't know what personally it's like.

Any advice is greatly welcome.

@Katkota Hi , How much for the 12 month rental please?.

I have new  flat in nice Location call Halal my flat in big compound call dora residence you can have looK online and if interesting let me know which day or monTh you need it i can sent you pic of flat its nice one with high quality rent  its reasonable  price for any more information contact me

i have xlarge shop

clothes center for men's and women for all sizes

for more info call or massage 

+20 1220629110

or come to see us in

al kawthar in front of metro market second street right side of lily cafe sacond   street

@Ronanmckay i must admit, i moved here because my husband works here… it's true that it i s beautiful, the sea is amazing… but i find it very boring… no social life… no places just to hang out… very few restaurants. it's all about hotels. awesome place for holidays… living here long term is another thing. come for a month or 2 … test the waters… then decide.

As a retired family we got the experience.

Sharm is a good place to enjoy your holiday Hurghada has the best British community

You're free to pm

@Ronanmckay

It  depends what you want. Sharm is very touristic. If you just move just 70 km, you arrive in Dahab which is a completely different world. It is a fisher village with a lot of foreigners living there. At the same time it is not difficult to get into touch with local people who are very friendly and helpful. The vibes are very good in Dahab. It's kind of magical. You have the idea of being a century behind time. I can only recommend it but it is very personal and It might not be so helpful for you.