Vingen Ancient Art Vestland

My husband and I have visited North West Norway many times and would indeed love to live there possibly in the future, in particular we wanted to visit the ancient art at Vingen in Vestland county, it is an absolutely stunning unspoilt area.

Reading an article online in a UK National newspaper this afternoon, its seems the local authorities want to build a quarry and some kind of port that will ruin this beautiful place. I looked up online as this is the first I had heard about it in the UK press and looked from some forums possible that know what is happening in Norway.

I wonder if anyone else has been there or heard about this. I found a link and a film online about this news [link moderated]

Very sad if this is indeed what's happening.

Karen

https://www.bollyinside.com/news/usa-ne … ew-quarry/

My husband and I have visited North West Norway many times and would indeed love to live there possibly in the future, in particular we wanted to visit the ancient art at Vingen in Vestland county, it is an absolutely stunning unspoilt area.
Reading an article online in a UK National newspaper this afternoon, its seems the local authorities want to build a quarry and some kind of port that will ruin this beautiful place. I looked up online as this is the first I had heard about it in the UK press and looked from some forums possible that know what is happening in Norway.

I wonder if anyone else has been there or heard about this. I found a link and a film online about this news [link under review]

Very sad if this is indeed what's happening.

Karen

-@KarenWade451979

Welcome Karen,

As you are a new member your links to websites are not visible until the Admin of the site approves them. This is so people can prove they are not here to spam the forum. I hope you understand.

Now would I be right in thinking the article was from the Guardian newspaper?

SimCityAT

Expat Team