Vietnam visa run at Moc Bai border USD bills quality question

Hello,

I asked this in Vietnam forum but was suggested to ask here.

I need to do a visa run soon from Vietnam. I have older smaller USD bills(meaning not crisp, like for exchanging for VND, etc. Will they be accepted for a Cambodia visa for entering Cambodia?

I looked online and could not find the answer.

Thanks in advance.

@peterpan75

The best advice is to get some crisp

bills from an ATM.

If you yourself already say they are not crisp then it's highly possible that they will be rejected.

@JoeKhmer Getting bills from ATM means hoping to get crisp VND clearly, not USD. So they will accept VND?

Thanks for the reply.

@peterpan75

Good you ask,

in Phnom penh lucky supermarket they are getting very picky about any dollors bills any with marks pen inks small splits, and 1992 notes, they don't want, as the staff get the loss, but now even notes with a worn crease in the middle are not wanted,

new notes only buddy out of an ATM,

@toni345th I see. Well, I am hoping border embassy won't be too picky, as I am sure they are usd to all sorts of bill conditions. I will bring my old USD some newer VND and  just incase.

@peterpan75

Banks will not take damaged US dollors, that's why nobody in Cambodia wants them, don't expect border force to except old dirty creased marked or before 1992 bills, in Cambodia you will not see many $1 or $2 bills they are being phased out along with $5 bills, at airports they only take $ dollors, for visa,

@JoeKhmer Getting bills from ATM means hoping to get crisp VND clearly, not USD. So they will accept VND?
Thanks for the reply.

-@peterpan75

Not sure of your location but assuming your in HCMC, you should be able to exchange dong to dollars at some gold shops near the Bến Thành Market downtown.

@peterpan75 I don't know what the date is they like new money better but there's also a date that they won't accept money. I can't remember what it was. Maybe you can look online Google.

@1947taras

They don't like 1992 for some reason

@toni345th Interesting so, anything after 1992?