Temporary residency for over 65

Greetings.  My wife and I are from the United States and senior citizens  We would like to stay in Kosovo for a few years but some say if over 65 you can't get temporary residency.  Anyone have any thoughts on that?  Thank you

U.S. citizens need a valid passport to enter Kosovo and may be asked to provide documentation stating the purpose of their visit. No visa is required for tourist trips of up to 90 days within six months.

For work, study, or visits longer than 90 days within six months, you must apply for a temporary residence permit once in Kosovo at  https://mpb.rks-gov.net/f/45/Temporary- … foreigners . Please contact this office for additional information prior to arrival in Kosovo.

§  To apply for a temporary residence permit, you will need to provide proof of local health insurance and an official police background check report. See our Criminal Records checks page on our website. The U.S. Embassy cannot assist you in obtaining background checks, certificates of conduct, or fingerprints.

The U.S. Embassy cannot intervene on your behalf, obtain a background check report for you at the airport when applying for a visa, or assist if you are denied entry into Kosovo.

Kosovo law requires U.S. citizens to present photo identification (original ID, driver's license or a passport) to prove identity when asked by an authorized official.

I hope that this information is insightful for your vacation, if you need further help please do not hesitate to reach out.

Kind Regads,

Lorik Qerkinaj

Thank you very much, we appreciate the quick reply  But, is there an age limit?  We are over 65

Hello again,

There is no specified age limit (there is a age limit for minors -18) when it comes to applying for a temporary residence permit.

But you need the aforesaid documents, and a sustainable financial income for/during the period of your stay here in kosovo. Other than that, you should not face many difficulties.

Pleasure talking to you again, please let me know if you need further assistance!

Kind Regards

Lorik Qerkinaj

@Lorik qerkinaj

I'm planning on opening a business in Kosovo and need some help with residency. I also have a question, if I open a business and receive residency, can my wife get temporary residency as well?