Schools in Vieques

We are officially 100 percent moving to Vieques. Currently staying here for 10 more days, back to pack all our stuff then coming back full time. Do the majority of kids here get homeschooling? And if so what is the end of year assessments like? Or should I just find an online program for homeschooling and follow that. Just not sure how to navigate the difference in education system here versus the states. The biggest difference being all the schools except private are taught only in Spanish. My child doesn't know spanish yet so that's just setting him up for failure I feel. There is the green school, yet I can't even find an address for it. And they only except grades 2-5 I believe. I need something now, k-the rest of his life hahaha

First, go to the hslda site and get familiar with the homeschooling laws here.

Then, find other hs families in Vieques so that your child has plenty of social interactions.

Join hs FB groups so you can ask questions about curriculum and teaching. 

For kindergarten, you want a very hands-on curriculum/materials.  You want your child to have fun while they're learning.  Workbooks should not be a big part if any. Lots of read- alouds so they develop a love of books.

For teaching reading, I highly recommend Reading Simplied with Dr. Marnie Ginsberg and Primary Phonics readers.

For math, your goals should be lots of math center games.

Teacherspayteachers has a lot of freebies and low cost resources. 

Also, be intentional about learning Spanish. 

I've been staring at the hslda site all day and i can only seem to gather that there are no real "rules" as far as curriculum or standardized testing/yearly assessments. It just seems too easy in a way. Make sure they go to school the appropriate amount of days and ages 5yrs old-16 have to be enrolled in some type of schooling/education.

We have been hanging around in the little town center and playing over on the playground. He's already made a few friends, so I'm hoping they stick. Everyone is just so amazingly friendly yet I'm so scared to strike up conversations especially randomly about school with someone new.

I want as many of his interactions with kids to be as natural as possible and hopefully if I'm thinking correctly that will help him pick up on some spanish as well for a booster, since I have no clue how to begin to teach him to speak it. I'm currently doing duolingo for myself and i love it.