New members of the Egypt forum, introduce yourselves here - 2024

Hi all,

Newbie on the Egypt forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Egypt if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi all,

I'm Justine, currently in the USA, but contemplating a move to Sharm El-Sheikh, or least buying a property there for us, friends and family.  By us, I mean my Egyptian husband of 22 years, and our 2 older kids.  I'm not sure we would move permanently to Sharm, due to health needs, but we'd like a place to spend the winter months each year. 

Looking forward to getting to know people already there.  We'd love to know the best spots to stay or buy apartments/villas.  We were just there and saw how much growth is happening!

Take care!

I am from Canada and I am planning on moving to egypt next year  the whole world are moving to egypt ...

@Justwoomass

Hello and welcome on board, Justine !

Feel free to read the existing threads of the Sharm el-Sheikh forum and to interact with members by either creating your own topic or participating on existing ones.

You may also read the articles of the Living in Egypt guide for expats for all first-hand infos.

All the best

Bhavna

@Kingnass hey, i moved from Canada as well in 2022. Let me know if you need any help

Anybody is living in Cairo or Alexandria?

Hello everyone!

I currently live in the UK, hoping to move out to Sharm el Sheikh to join my partner who works on the MFO base. I am looking for work in education, learning and development and I have worked in education for 3 years. I am also currently completing my TEFL qualification!

If anyone knows of any jobs going in Sharm, please drop me a message! Would love to hear from you!

Sam

@Samdavies1992

Hello and welcome on board, Sam !

Feel free to create your CV in the Jobs in Egypt section of the website for better exposure on the net.

You will also find tips and other useful websites in these 2 articles :

Work in Egypt

Working in Sharm el Sheikh

All the best

Bhavna

@Bhavna thank you Bhavna! I will certainly have a look at these :)

@Julien

Hi,

I'm an American married to a Nubian-Egyptian. I now live in California, but visit Egypt about once a year for extended stays.

I have lived in Egypt from 1985 to 1991 and from 2003 to 2010.

Next visit will be in May 2024 and I plan to stay for a few weeks.

Cheers,

Michael and Mona

@masrmike

Welcome on board, Michael and Mona !

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Regards

Bhavna

Thanks Bhavna,

hope to meet you when we are next in Egypt.

Cheers,

Michael and Mona

My name is Nathalie / Amira I'm 47 yrs old, Dutch by origin.

My ex-husband is from Luxor and together we've got 4 beautiful children ages 18 10 8 and 6.

I live in Belgium and me and my husband (40 and dad of 3 sweet boys ages 11 8 and 4, he works as a fitness instructor and personal trainer ) now rent an apartment in Caïro where he is from.

I'm still exploring the city.

I travel back 'n forth every 2 to 3 months.

I also speak Egyptian Arabic with a slight saïdy dialect.

@nathaliebraat

Welcome on board Nathalie !

Glad to have you here !

If you have any questions, feel free to open a new thread on the forum.

Regards

Bhavna

Thank you!