New members of the Brazil forum, introduce yourselves here - 2024

Hi all,

Newbie on the Brazil forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Brazil if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Olá, Gente

My name is Bruno. My wife Alessandra and and I moved to Bahia two months ago. She is a Curitibana by birth and we met when I was training with a yoga teacher in Curitiba ten years ago.

Half of Alessandra's family moved to Bahia over the last 8 years and we followed them, after having lived in New Orleans (where I was born) and most recently in CO (a pandemic move.)

We are both yoga teachers and have "brought" our US students here as we continue to teach online.

I'm the only American in the local community but there is an international element and many people speak English. So it hasn't been a hard landing and Portugues is slowly slowly coming.

We are feeling good about our move and look forward to really settling in and embracing life here.

I look forward to connecting!

Bruno

Olá Bruno,

Welcome to the nordeste! Welcome to Brazil.

@mberigan

@Sucodasondas

Hi, Bruno,

I'm in Ilhéus.

-Alan

Hello......

I'm a Canuck from Rio de Janeiro.

Hello Bruno. I'm a Carioca (Rio de Janeiro born), living in Atlanta Georgia for 30 years (some in rural Georgia), with my wife Kirstin (from Utah originally).

We're moving to Vila Velha, Espirito Santo in a few months, closer to my family there.

We both also meditators, certified trainers for the Heartfulness Institute and look forward to connecting as well, to an American community in Brazil.

Despite the fact I'm Brazilian, I feel it'll be a mix of happiness and grief. I have built my life and experienced my growth as a human being in the US. So, feelings are mixed as I go through the process of moving.

Welcome Roger!l hope everything with your moves goes well. My wife is also a Carioca

Ola! I'm Kevin newbie expat from the San Francisco Bay Area, CA.

Recently married to my Brazilian wife,  Marcilene. We reside in Goiania.

Loving our lives here!

Welcome aboard Kevin!

From Paraiba - mberigan

02/22/24 @kevinmiller1957.  Welcome!

Welcome !!!

Hi to every one who livres or moved to this beautiful country. I grew up in Switzerland and now living in São Paulo. Live it.

-@adrianae

Hello Adrianae, I am originally from Iceland, welcome to our little group.

-@kevinmiller1957

Welcome Kevin

Hello I'm from Egypt. I look forward and long very much to be with you in this beautiful country and to enjoy life with you in this country and this city, which enjoys all the freedoms and rights of life and the right of citizenship to live a happy and dignified life.

03/06/34 Welcome, @engad77!

Hello everyone,

I`m Daniel from London. I live in Juiz de Fora, and play concerts online and in person. 

Also as a keen investor, I´m setting up a Property investors network even in Barra da Tijuca, Rio next month, that I´ll host. 

Pleasure to connect with you all.

Daniel

Moderated by Bhavna last month
Reason : Please do not promote your services on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@danielrobertspiano

Hello Daniel, welcome on board !

Please note that advertising or any other kind of promotion is not allowed on the forum.

Regards

Bhavna

@Bhavna thanks understood! I will respect that.

@kevinmiller1957, I am also from there trying to escape the rat race.  You are ahead of me.  Trying to move to the NE.

Oi gente. David here from the UK. My civil partner is from Sao Paulo and we are hoping to move there at the end of August 25. I'm sure that I will have lots of questions for all of you, so stand by to be brain picked :))

03/30/24  Welcome, David!  Best of luck with your move.  We're here to help.

Hi Bruno,

Welcome! I'm in Eunapolis, Bahia

Hello everyone!

I'm Chris from the state of Georgia (U.S. so we don't confuse the country)

My wife is Brazilian and we both have the ability to work remote, so we generally stay here three or four months out of the year when our daughter, 8, is on summer break from school. We have been together for about 13 years.

We plan to eventually register our marriage here as well so I can get try for dual citizenship. My wife and child both have dual citizenship already, I'm just the odd one out for now. :)

We stay in Joao Pessoa at her sisters apartment when visiting, and also bounce to Campina Grande and Maceo to visit her other family members. She comes from a family of 7 siblings, so we are never short on family to visit.

We both work for IFF Inc., which is an international freight forwarding company handling imports and exports into and out of the U.S.

Once the kiddo is off and on her own one day, we will likely retire here. For now we are just very frequent long term visitors working remote.

@HURTCHRIS

Welcome, Chris. I am just down the road from you, on the island of Itamaracá in Pernambuco...

@HURTCHRIS

Hi Chris, I'm just up the road in CG but regularly in JP.  I'm here since 2009 but had my first taste of the nordeste in 1981. If you're looking for tips.....

Hope to learn more about IFF and meet you on one of your visits here.

MattB

Hi everyone, happy to meet you all! This page has been very meaningful to me so thanks for all the help! I'm Nora from Finland and working and living as a digital nomad here in Garopaba Brazil. I'm a holistic coach with 20 years of experience in my field. I work both with my own company and in a large international coaching company.

We live here in the mountains in the middle of the nature with animals and taking care of many plants and trees. Love all the activities that nature has to offer.

04/09/24@HURTCHRIS.  Welcome!  Registering your marriage here is easy, as long as you register it at a Brazilian Consulate in the US first.  Once you have the Certidão from the Consulate, your wife just have to walk it into the Cartório in her hometown, and in a couple of days they'll issue you a Brazilian Marriage Certificate.

04/09/24   Hi everyone, happy to meet you all! This page has been very meaningful to me so thanks for all the help! I'm Nora from Finland and working and living as a digital nomad here in Garopaba Brazil. I'm a holistic coach with 20 years of experience in my field. I work both with my own company and in a large international coaching company.
We live here in the mountains in the middle of the nature with animals and taking care of many plants and trees. Love all the activities that nature has to offer.

-@Pantai79

Welcome, Nora!  Sounds delightful.

@abthree

We have a consulate in Atlanta, so that makes it pretty easy for us. Our only hang up is we were both married previously. She never had her previous one registered in Brazil either, but he was a Brazilian citizen /  U.S. Citizen. So legally, we are told we have to register her first marriage, then the divorce, then our marriage. So it kind of sucks in that regard. Thats the only reason we haven't done it just yet.

@Pantai79

Nora - I love your country. Made a visit in 2023 to introduce my partner to the beauties of your country and the distant family that I have there. She was enchanted, not so much by the climate.

Nature is what Brazil has best!

mberigan in Paraíba

@HURTCHRIS

Bom dia-  We are also in João Pessoa!

Welcome!

@HURTCHRIS welcome to this informative friendly group.