New members of the Finland forum, introduce yourselves here - 2024

Hi all,

Newbie on the Finland forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Finland if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello sir my name is Lakhvir Singh I'm from India but I'm working in Kenya I have 11 years truck repair experience I'm expert in man and voxwagon trucks I know diagnosis mechanical electrical engine overhaul suspension wiring programming hydraulic pressure air break system etc I need a job plz help me thanx

Dear Mam/Sir

My name is Keketso Matlou Ratau. I was born and raised in Johannesburg, South Africa. I currently hold a Diploma in Logistics Management from Vaal University of Technology.

I am looking to secure a job in the logistics field in finland.

@Ratauapplications

Hello and welcome on board !

The Living in Finland guide for expats will be useful to you. It contains articles about jobs and how to find opportunities.

You may also create your CV in the Jobs in Finland section of the website for better exposure.

All the best

Bhavna

@Julien my name is Ekundayo Ganiyu from Nigeria,An experience truck driver 5+ Am willing to move to Finland for work but I don't know where to start as an applicant, please guide me how to get sponsorship job in Finland within some months

Thank you

@ekdadewale80

Hello and welcome on board !

Please read the articles about jobs in the Living in Finland Guide and create your CV in the Jobs in Finland section.

all the best

Bhavna

@Bhavna kindly avail me all recently driven truck job I can apply ASAP,I am a professional truck driver and I will need your assistance to search recently truck driven job available in Finland to apply

@Bhavna kindly avail me all recently driven truck job I can apply ASAP,I am a professional truck driver and I will need your assistance to search recently truck driven job available in Finland to apply

-@ekdadewale80

No on can help you, you need to follow her instructions.

@SimCityAT  okay

@aboveallamen

Hello and welcome !

Not sure we can help you. Try to search on youtube.  I have seen some videos there.

You may also create your CV in the Jobs in Finland section .

Regards

Bhavna

I'm jegede Toyin  from Nigeria, I study Agronomy and I have 7years experience in crops production and farm management.i need a job in finland,Finland is a beautiful country with beautiful people.

@Seyijegede86

Hello and welcome !

Please note that we are not a recrutement agency.

I would suggest that you read the Living in Finland guide for expatsand that you create your CV in the Jobs section for better exposure.

All the best

Bhavna

Hello, my Name is Edmund Ukaegbu, a seasoned farmer with over 15years experience in practical farming. I am from Nigeria and would like fruit picking job in Finland with work visa sponsorship.

Thank you

Hello, my Name is Edmund Ukaegbu, a seasoned farmer with over 15years experience in practical farming. I am from Nigeria and would like fruit picking job in Finland with work visa sponsorship.
Thank you

-@ndubye50

Please read the post above yours, post #12 !!!!

@ndubye50 May be Finland is not the best country for picking fruits... Probably you should try in the south of Europe

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

So as you know, some posts have been removed from this thread.

Kindly post your CV in the dedicated section for Job offers in Finland only as the forum is inappropriate for such requests.

Thank you,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Julien i want visit finland on one month visit

@Julien

Hi

My name Om Singh Jaisalmer Rajasthan India

My job title Carpenter fitting kitchen wardrobe fit out furniture insulation Kitchen wardrobe

Work permit visa apply for Finland

Thank you

Hi

My name is Anyanwu Benjamin, I am a video editor and or Signage maker. I have also work experience and I need work permit visa apply in finland

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board !

Members looking for visit visa should contact the Finland embassy closest to their country and if you are looking for a job, please read the articles of the Finland Guide and create your CV in the jobs section.

The forum is NOT meant for job search.

Regards

Bhavna

I am Temitope Love from Nigeria. I am a teacher and content creator. Need a visa to Finland please.

Will be much more grateful if anyone can be of help to make this dream a reality.

@Firstlove

Hello and welcome !

We can not provide you a visa but you may read the Finland Guide to know how you can obtain one.

Regards

Bhavna

@Julien Thank you very much, I live in Finland, I would like to know if you know an accountant who speaks Spanish, thank you very much

Hi Julien, Bhavna & everyone else!

I'm Carol from Malaysia, and I have been living in Helsinki since 2020. I arrived here with my Finnish husband just before Covid restrictions hit, which of course made settling into a new country all the more challenging.

What helped me get through it was finding my own network - both professional and personal - when adjusting to life abroad. Finland is a lovely country, but the reserved nature of most Finns can make many foreigners from more open cultures feel unwelcome. I learned that the way to make friends here is to be the one to initiate the first move. Once they open up, you will find that you have made friends for life!

I also belong to a local international church (IEC), and that has really helped both my husband (who has lived abroad for awhile) and I feel a stronger connection to this city.

Finding meaningful work in Finland can also be a challenge, so my advice is to start with companies that list English as their main language. Also, do look out for companies that have a strong sustainability and DE&I agenda as they are more likely to hire foreigners.

If you'd like to know more about my experience living in this country, do ask in this chat and I will be happy to share. Also happy to get to know fellow expats in and around the greater Helsinki region. :)

Blessings,

Carol

@Carolainen

Hello Carol, welcome on board !

Thank you for sharing your insightful experience with us! It's truly inspiring to hear how you've navigated the challenges of settling into a new country, especially during such unprecedented times.

I am glad that you've found your marks.

I hope our members will also make their expatriation project a success as you did.

Regards

Bhavna

@Julien Hello sir, My name is Johnson, I'm from Lagos, Nigeria. But currently living in Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire.

I'm Full time driver and I also offer Livestock attendant, Pet services like pet walking, pet sitting, pet supply and so on.

I also have experience in Dry cleaning services, And General cleaning services using the industrial machine and all other cleaning equipments.

I'm currently seeking for a job in Finland which I'll require a visa sponsorship from any company that might be in need of my service.

I'm available and ready to relocate any moment from now if I can be able to secure a good job opportunity.

Any help you can render will be very much appreciated sir.

Thank you and will be happy to get a feedback from you soon🙏

@JohnsonsKennel

Hello and welcome !

Thank you for your introduction !

For a good start on the forum, I suggest that you read the articles of the Living in Finland guide for expatsto gather as much information as you can on jobs. You may also create your CV in the Jobs in Finland section for better visibility.

All the best

Bhavna

Hi all

I'm Micheal Oluwatobi Emeruwa  from Nigeria, I'm new on this cool platform and it's a privilege to be here with you  all.

Thank you

@Julien

Hi everyone

I'm Micheal Emeruwa and new on this platform.

It's a privilege being here.

Thanks

hello sir i am regirstered nurse from nepal i have 2 years experience i am capebale all rounder teme management

@Julien

Hi, I have my Residents Permit to be in Finland. I am looking for a financial advisor to advise on my UK pensions. I have been advised that I can't use a UK financial advisor as I am no longer resident there. Does anyone know where I can look for a Finnish advisor?

@Julien
Hi, I have my Residents Permit to be in Finland. I am looking for a financial advisor to advise on my UK pensions. I have been advised that I can't use a UK financial advisor as I am no longer resident there. Does anyone know where I can look for a Finnish advisor?

-@sueloraine6

Maybe have a look here?

@Julien I am Tapuwa Rupundu from Zimbabwe and I want to come to Finland as labour. I am good at fruit picking and I know that Finland will be a great country to work in and earn money, to further my studies I have a National Certificate in Electrical Engineering Power that I would like to take further to a Bachelor's Degree and have a better standard living.

Skills

Electrical systems domestic repairs upgrades and solar systems

Tractor driving

I want to learn more about fruit picking and make myself professional in such

@JulienAm Amorin Emmanuel Joao. I work as a warehouse manager in Ghana Cocoa Marketing Company. I have been the manager for about 9years.i would like to no more about finland and how to be able to move there.Thanks

@amorinjoaoemmanuel

Hello and welcome !

Please read our Living in Finland guide for expats to know more about Finland and feel free to post your questions following your read.

All the best

Bhavna

Hello i am Anjela from Kenya.I am really interested in working as a care giver,taking care of aged people or in farming.I am self employed here in my country and i have a certificate in care giving.I am ready to learn about anything. Any help i can get from here,i will appreciate and thanks in advance

@Anjela@1978

Hello and welcome !

Since the forum is not meant for job search. I invite you to create your CV in the Jobs in Finland section of the website.

All the best

Bhavna