New members of the Indonesia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2024

Hi all,

Newbie on the Indonesia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Indonesia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi, My name is Jason and from Australia, I live and work in West Papua for last 12 years, my wife is Indonesian, and we have 3 children :)

Thanks

Jason

Just landed  literary that is . Just want to hear , learn and share experiences of like minded individuals on the platform. My name? Jameaba Ssenyonga, a Ugandan .

Welcome to the forum.

What brings you to Indonesia?

@muyanjassenyonga Welcome!

Hi My Name is Shibu John

I am from India. I have been Living in Jakarta (Indonesia) for the last 8 months. I am here on an Investor Visa.

I am an Electronic Engineer and have 25 years of Sales experience. I worked in different fields such as IT, Hospitality, Electronics, and Solar Industry.

Looking for good opportunity in Sales.

@shibujohn55555

Hello and welcome on board !

Feel free to create your CV in the Jobs in Indonesia section of the website to put forward your skills.

All the best

Bhavna

@shibujohn55555...Brother, If you are looking for a job, please go to Malaysia or start your own business, like self-employment. Here, we do not have job opportunities, but we do have business opportunities. Thank you

Hi everyone!

I'm Polina, soaking up Bali life for 10 years now. Moving here was a leap into a world of stunning landscapes, rich culture, and incredible people. Bali has taught me to live more openly and connect deeply with those around me.

For newbies or future expats, my tip is to dive in with all your heart. There's a lot to explore and learn, from the language to the laid-back lifestyle. The community here is amazing, always ready to help and welcome newcomers.

If you're about to start your journey in Indonesia, you're in for a treat! Feel free to reach out if you need tips or just want to chat about Bali. Welcome to the adventure!

Looking forward to hearing your stories!

@shibujohn55555 very good work nice brother

Hi<

I am les from UK. I have been in Indonesia for 20+years and now I am going back to UK.

I want to take my cat with me and although the UK rules are pretty clear I still need more clarification.

Anybody done this (take pet to UK) recently or know someone who has.

I need an "official veterinarian / veterinarian authorised by the competent authority in Indonesia".  Not sure what that means exactly - is there a government authority in Indonesia that regulates vets?

Any advice appreciated.

Hello everyone,

If you have some insight to share with les819, please reply here > Taking pet from Indonesia to UK

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hello

lucacrucianelli512,

Welcome to Expat.com

You made a good decision by starting a new thread on the Indonesia forum to ask your questions.

Make sure to monitor your thread closely to avoid missing any information.

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hi All ,  names Lance , from the Wollongong area in Ausralia . Been living in Grajagan Pantai / Banyuwangi region of South East Java for going on 9 years now after 8 years of travelling  back and forwards .  Married to a local girl , 19 year old adopted boy here and 4 older kids back in OZ . Advice here sounds a lot more reliable than a few other sites /groups . Good to get a few answers already on subjects I've been getting the run around with . I'll chip in if I can help anyone and be asking if I need help/advise . Cheers to all .