Working in Czech Republic - I worry about my salary.

Hello everyone, I am currently living in Ankara - Turkey. I've got a job offer from a company that I don't want to disclose, and after considering a friend living in Brno also working in the same company, I decided to accept the offer.

I will be making around 36K CZK NET monthly and living in BRNO. When I discussed this with few locals, %50 said that it is average and the other %50 said that it is not worth the hassle. Thinking that the answers are based on the individual lifestyles, I wanted to research more so here I am.

If I should tell more about myself, I am not an expensive guy. I have simple hobbies like Computer Gaming, sometimes shopping for clothing.

My expectations are a livable flat-apartment (without any roommates if possible, also the flats size does not really matter, a little flat where I can cook, sleep, do my laundry, take a shower etc. is good enough)

A decent internet connection. When it comes to food I don't really order from outside if it's expensive, I will just cook my meals. And I want to buy a decent computer for myself as I don't really watch television etc. And it is my only activity besides taking walks etc.

I know this is a controversial topic as the expenses differ (like grocery and other stuff), I would like to know if 36K net is livable under the conditions I expect.

Thank you all for answers! Have a good day/night.

@iTurker

Hello,

i assume the offer is for ATT and having worked there, I would think about it long and hard. That aside, 36K is going to get you by, but do not expect to have much extra. if you don't want roommates and are fine living outside city center, you may be able to find something around 20.000. Dont  forget the first month rent, the deposit (1-3 X rent), and fee for rental agent (1 X rent). Im not sure if you want to move just to experience another city, but for 36K, i wouldn't move anywhere because I just do not see you having much left for leisure and forget savings.

That is my two cents input.

@pavlicmx, Hello! Thanks for your answer. No, I have never heard of the company you mentioned. Thanks for the input.