Wanted: Room/Studio/Small apartment to rent

Hi to all renters and people with large apartments or empty spare rooms who might want an occasional, quiet lodger:

I'm looking for either a small apartment (studio, loft, rooms above shop-house) or a room with private bathroom to sub-let in a larger house/condo.  I am looking to pay between 800 and 2400 RM per month, for 12 months starting around January 6th 2024 .

From January 2024, my main residence is in Bangkok, which is expensive, which is why I'm trying to keep my rental costs in Penang down.  I estimate I will be in Penang for only 1 week per month, or for 10 days, once every six weeks.

I'm a 58 yr old British/Italian professional, working for an international research organization.   

Depending on the nature of the space, I can come with/without some good quality furniture (antique mahogany, modern teak), some plants for balconies and other shared spaces, and some Persian rugs.   I've been renting in Penang  (Pulau Tikus condo) for the last 4 years and have references.  I'm in full-time employment and my current contract has 2.5 years left on it.

Please contact me here to exchange numbers/emails.  I'm available to view places between 13-18 December and from January 3-8.  I need to be out of my current place on Jan 10 2024.

Many thanks,

Eddie