Digital Nomad Renewal

Hello all,

My visa is expiring on the 15th Dec 2023.  I can get all the documents. I just wanted to know has anyone applied Migrante web by themselves? Last time an agent did for me and this i dont have money to hire an agent. Can i do it navigate and fill this migrante by myself? Thanks so much

Yes, you can complete the MigranteWeb forms yourself.  Note that once you submit your application, it is taking 7-8 weeks before being assigned for review.  I emailed asking if there was anyway to accelerate the process if the visa was expiring and was told there are current delays and I would have to wait.  Just be sure to attached all of the documents requested the first time.

Thanks so so much! I almost have all the documents. I am not worried about the timeframe. Where do you live @sfcastro? How can i get police clearance certificates in Brazil. Would you know the website?

What states have you been living in during your visa time?  You will need a criminal clearance certificate from each state

I have been in Bahia and now in Santa Cantarina! I got from Bahia. I feel i have all the documents i just need to figure out Migrante web!

12/06/23    I have been in Bahia and now in Santa Cantarina! I got from Bahia. I feel i have all the documents i just need to figure out Migrante web!

-@itsmeromi

You can request the Federal background clearance online here:

https://www.gov.br/pt-br/servicos/emiti … -criminais

For state background clearances, search "Antecedentes Criminais Estado de (name of state)".  Some states will issue them online, some require an in-person visit.

@itsmeromi G'day mate. Interested in the process for the first nomad visa application. Looking to do he same. You used an agent? How was it? Approx. how much were their fees?

Thx in advance!

12/06/23    @itsmeromi G'day mate. Interested in the process for the first nomad visa application. Looking to do he same. You used an agent? How was it? Approx. how much were their fees?
Thx in advance!

-@stereomc

If you're still  in the US, you definitely should get it at the Brazilian Consulate responsible for your state before you come, rather than try to do it here through the Federal Police.  Check the Consulate's website for the instructions.

No, I'm currently in Floripa. I've be OS +15 years. No intention of going back to the states.

12/06/23 No, I'm currently in Floripa. I've be OS +15 years. No intention of going back to the states.     

-@stereomc

Then working with an agent or an attorney would probably be a smart investment, if you can find a capable and trustworthy one.  Your documentation for any Residency Authorization from the Federal Police  is going to be a significant challenge

@abthree Thanks so so much!

@stereomc Hello mate. I have been trying it myself. I am in Br and i have all the document. Just trying to lodge online but the systems are not passing through. If i could be of any help reach out!

Just to avoid delays and repeating the mistake which most of us did:

The ”federal” background check from Policia Federal is not accepted for immigration purposes within Brazil.

Policia Federal asks for a Federal Judicial level document from your state, and a separate state judicial level document.

They list how to obtain each of these documents in the below link (even the federal level document is specific to each state):

https://www.gov.br/pf/pt-br/assuntos/im … -criminais

Hello All,

Hoping everyone is good.

I lodged a Digital Nomad Renewal 4 months ago.

I havn't heard anything from them. Would anyone know this answers.

1. Do they take that long?
  2. If they need some documents how would they notify me? Through Portal or emaill?
  3. Is there an email adddress i can conact to get an idea what is going on?

Thanks so much!

@itsmeromi

Hi,

The applications were taking longer around 2 months but that seems even longer than what people have been experiencing here.

If something was missing, you would receive an email if they had asked for extra documents, and you would also be able to see it in the portal.

What does it say next to your application number on MigranteWeb? Just Em Tramite? If I recall correctly, it would say something like "Exigencia" if they were expecting documents from you.

You can find the contact information for Policia Federal here: https://portaldeimigracao.mj.gov.br/pt/ … des/401437

fale conosco: Imigrante.cgil@mj.gov.br - Enviar dúvidas junto com o número do processo, nome do imigrante e RNM (se for o caso).

Hello Rocade,

Thanks so much for this info.

It says Em Analise  and that is all i can see in the portal.

Data I lodged was December and in Feb they started analysing and since i haven't heard anything.

I was curious to know if they need something where i need to check that info.

Regards,

Romi