New Here. May Be Relocating to Haiti

Hello All.  I may be relocating to Haiti for work.  Please advise the best and fastest way to learn Creole. I've been told that I need to learn Creole before I learn French in order to work with Haitian nationals.  Is that correct?

Thank you in advance for any advice or insight. 

Hello,

Congrats on your move. Though French is very important, I would recommend learning Creole for a better experience and more effective communication. The average Haitian does not speak a lot of French. 

@itprof04

Thank you very much!  Are you living in Haiti? Are you an expat? A Haitian national?  Do you speak Creole?

No problem. I am in the process of moving there as well.  I live in the US at the moment. but I currently spend about 6-8 months a year in Haiti. I do speak Creole and French.

@lmcull yea creole is the best way to start

@lmcull,

I made the move 3 1/2 years ago and couldn't be happier. First, let me say congrats; even though it's just a thought right now. We have a small and trusted community of expats I'm a member of. When you make up your mind, let me know how I can help!

Hi. I have already made up my mind. Just waiting for my employer to make up their mind.  If I could leave tomorrow, I would!  But I must have work in order to be able to go. 

I have two questions for you.  1)  What's your name?  I'm Leanne. 2) What's the best and fastest way to learn Creole?