Driving UK to Portugal, how do you prove you arrived in Portugal ?

Hi, I am going to bring some of my personal items to Portugal via the ferry into Spain and then drive down to Portugal and then someone else will drive the van back to the UK and sell it.

My question is the following as I will arrive in Spain and get stamped then drive over the soft borders into Portugal it will only ever show in my passport am assuming that I came into Spain ? Are there any borders from Spain into Portugal where you will get stamped into your passport?

Any help or knowledge would be fantastic,thanks.

Not that I am aware of.

Single market, open borders.

@slugsurmamates

thanks for the response and help. 1f600.svg

I did exactly what you intend to do. Once you arrive in Portugal, I assume that you are going to live somewhere. Whoever is aware of your arrival ( a Portuguese  citizen) may be asked as a witness or better still to write a letter after a week to certify your residence. Take this letter or person to the local fregusia ( probably spelt wrong)  office and ask them for an atestado da residencia. This is an official document that says when you started living in Portugal. You are likely to be charged for this service but not a lot and you may buuy your witness a drink or two or three!

Hi Ken, that is really helpful yes am here on a D8 visa and have friends who are citizens / residents am assuming they would be able to write a letter, I just need to now work out where my nearest fregusia is now ? Oh yes no doubt a few Sagres will keep them all happy, cheers for the advice.

@nimrod_1976

Glad to be of assistance - finding the fregusia  you are in shouldnt be difficult. Just ask nearest person

As far as I know only folks who live in the same local junta as you can attest to your residency so its friends from just anywhere in Portugal.

regards

Roz

another way to show entry to Portugal would be by keeeping via verde or toll receipts you get prior to and after entering Portugal.  These along with any tickets you buy to show border crossing would then add up

As you drive into Portugal on big roads (ie from Ciudad Rodrigo Spain) there are notices "inviting" you to go into the first motorway services and have your forign numberplate scanned and your credit card details taken so allow auto-tolls on motorways. Serviço Easytoll -  Portagem Electrónica.   This obviously shows when you and your vehicle has arrived. I can confirm that the Police at road blocks accept this.  There are some offices near some crossing points - the main crossing in the south has one.

https://www.google.pt/maps/place/Servi% … ?entry=ttu

The Salamanco-Viseu route has one as well, I can confirm.

@Jk1976 thanks for the information.