E-Visa Amendement

Hi All,

Currently visa forms for Vietnam E-Visa asks for Surname and Given Name.

I had applied for my son with Surname-MISHRA and Given Name- ATHARV. There was no requirement for middle name and he did not have one.

Yet i have received the below response.

* Application status: Amending

* Denied Reason: Incorrect full name (as ICAO line).

Please enter registration code, registration email and date of birth in E-visa search menu to update application.

Looking for guidance from you all on next steps.

Might have been a difference in the name on the Passport and the one entered on the form - can you provide some picture references?

Hi All,
Currently visa forms for Vietnam E-Visa asks for Surname and Given Name.
I had applied for my son with Surname-MISHRA and Given Name- ATHARV. There was no requirement for middle name and he did not have one.
Yet i have received the below response.
* Application status: Amending
* Denied Reason: Incorrect full name (as ICAO line).
Please enter registration code, registration email and date of birth in E-visa search menu to update application.
Looking for guidance from you all on next steps.   
    -@Aditya Mishra

Hello Aditya Mishra, and welcome to expat.com.

Sorry to hear of the trouble you're experiencing. I'll try to help you navigate your way.

I'll assume you submitted your application through this portal (Link), selecting "For Foreigners".  I ask because there are currently (at a minimum) two gov't of VN web portals, each with its own protocol.

For the correct order to enter an applicants name, take a look at this post. (Link)

To enter the reg. code/reg. email/date of birth in order to update the application, see this page. (Link)

Please let us know how things work out. Your feedback will be of assistance to others.

Don't hesitate to ask further questions should the need arise.

Once again, welcome aboard.

...can you provide some picture references?   

-@jaspreet sond88

Sharing of personal information and/or contact details is not permitted on the expat.com Vietnam forum.

This policy is strictly enforced by administration.

@Aidan in HCMC

Thanks for the response. The link provided by you is the one i used for filling in and the name format also matches.

Since he did not have a middle name, the surname and given name entered matches exactly. Not sure what is the gap.

Thanks for the response. The link provided by you is the one i used for filling in and the name format also matches.
Since he did not have a middle name, the surname and given name entered matches exactly. Not sure what is the gap.

-@Aditya Mishra

Ok, good, and of course you're welcome.

So, on the bottom of the passport data info page (main passport page with the applicant's picture)  the applicant's name is written as

MISHRA ATHARV. Correct?

Are you able to access the application for amending from the search page? If so, I suggest you reenter the applicants name again. Be sure there are no blank spaces preceding either the surname or the given name, nor any blank keystrokes after either name.

How soon is the travel date?

Thanks a lot.

Yes, i am able to amend and change. But i am not sure, should i submit now or should i wait for them to respond to my queries on mail.

submit don't wait.

submit don't wait.
       -@cougarcar20

Agree. 100%

Hey all, I'm new here and wasn't sure where to ask. Hope this is the correct place. I applied for an eVisa, which was approved, but the name is listed as LAST FIRST MIDDLE. When I was in Vietnam earlier this year, the application just asked for the full name as it appeared on the passport, but it seems like they changed the application. To make matters stranger, they had approved an eVisa without a middle name, even though my passport has my middle name. It seems like it should be ok, since all three names are on there, but I'm not sure what to do as I don't think resubmitting will help. I leave in 3.5 months, just want to get everything set up ahead of time.

Thank you.

Hey all, I'm new here and wasn't sure where to ask. Hope this is the correct place. I applied for an eVisa, which was approved, but the name is listed as LAST FIRST MIDDLE. When I was in Vietnam earlier this year, the application just asked for the full name as it appeared on the passport, but it seems like they changed the application. To make matters stranger, they had approved an eVisa without a middle name, even though my passport has my middle name. It seems like it should be ok, since all three names are on there, but I'm not sure what to do as I don't think resubmitting will help. I leave in 3.5 months, just want to get everything set up ahead of time.
Thank you.
      -@Alessandro Viani

Hello Alessandro Viani, and welcome to expat.com.

Your eVisa, as you have described it, sounds correct, i.e. surname, first name, middle name. Nothing to worry about.

See an example, here (Link) for the correct name order.

Would you tell us, please, which application portal you used to submit your application? Due  to your being a new member, any links you submit will require expat.com administration approval before they are visible on the forum.

Was the portal the

PUBLIC SERVICE PORTAL MINISTRY OF PUBLIC SECURITY (Link)

or perhaps the

NATIONAL WEB PORTAL ON IMMIGRATION (Link)

Feel free to ask further questions as the arise. Many helpful folk here at expat.com.

Again, welcome aboard.

Hey all, I'm new here and wasn't sure where to ask. Hope this is the correct place. I applied for an eVisa, which was approved, but the name is listed as LAST FIRST MIDDLE. When I was in Vietnam earlier this year, the application just asked for the full name as it appeared on the passport, but it seems like they changed the application. To make matters stranger, they had approved an eVisa without a middle name, even though my passport has my middle name. It seems like it should be ok, since all three names are on there, but I'm not sure what to do as I don't think resubmitting will help. I leave in 3.5 months, just want to get everything set up ahead of time.Thank you.       -@Alessandro Viani

Hello Alessandro Viani, and welcome to expat.com.

Your eVisa, as you have described it, sounds correct, i.e. surname, first name, middle name. Nothing to worry about.

See an example, here (Link) for the correct name order.

Would you tell us, please, which application portal you used to submit your application? Due  to your being a new member, any links you submit will require expat.com administration approval before they are visible on the forum.

Was the portal the

PUBLIC SERVICE PORTAL MINISTRY OF PUBLIC SECURITY (Link)

or perhaps the

NATIONAL WEB PORTAL ON IMMIGRATION (Link)

Feel free to ask further questions as the arise. Many helpful folk here at expat.com.

Again, welcome aboard.

-@Aidan in HCMC

Thank you for your reply, I used the National Web Portal On Immigration like the one I had done earlier for my last trip to Vietnam. I am glad everything seems ok, as my last eVisa had my name as FIRST MIDDLE LAST. One other thing, there was no place for the entry checkpoint on the eVisa that was just granted. Thanks again for your help.

Thank you for your reply, I used the National Web Portal On Immigration like the one I had done earlier for my last trip to Vietnam. I am glad everything seems ok, as my last eVisa had my name as FIRST MIDDLE LAST.

You're quite welcome. And good on your using that portal. Many good reports coming in from members.

One other thing, there was no place for the entry checkpoint on the eVisa that was just granted.

Now that is something new which I've not heard of before. Interesting.

If other members have noticed this on their newly issued eVisa please let the forum know.

Thanks again for your help. 
    -@Alessandro Viani

No problem. Please let us know how your transit goes. If you have time an update on your travels through VN, post-arrival, would be great to read here on the forum.

One other thing, there was no place for the entry checkpoint on the eVisa that was just granted. @Alessandro VianiNow that is something new which I've not heard of before. Interesting.If other members have noticed this on their newly issued eVisa please let the forum know. -@Aidan in HCMC

The main, highly reputable agent in the greater Đà Nẵng region has begun publicly advising foreigners not to worry too much about the intended entry & exit checkpoints as they don't matter anymore (screenshot from her FB page):

screenshot_20230915_083108_facebook.jpg

Hopefully this will cut down on stress levels for people who change flight plans at the last minute or decide to return from a visa run by air instead of via a ground crossing.

I personally would have thought the info might be encoded in the QR code (I assume that's still on the e-visa?).

Anyway, she has yet to give out bad info, AFAIK.

@Aditya Mishra

Hi,

i have same issue did you manage to get it ? just let know the solution .

many thanks

@Aidan in HCMC

hi,

i have same issue full name which is surname and given name as i follow the protocol as icao line idk why its amended plz help me i am going next month feb9  .

@Aidan in HCMChi,i have same issue full name which is surname and given name as i follow the protocol as icao line idk why its amended plz help me i am going next month feb9  .         -@Goonsselena

Hello Goonsselena, and welcome to expat.com.

In order to help you, we'll need a little more detail.

• First, please copy/paste in your reply to us the amendment request you've received from VN immigration.
  • Secondly, please let us know your full name. (in order of, given (first name), middle name, surname (family name))
  • Finally, how is your name appearing on the bottom of your passport information page? (it will be displayed in all capital letters)

You still have plenty of time to receive your eVisa prior to your flight, so there's no need to worry. We'll try to help you through this. Lots of friendly people here.

Once more, welcome aboard.

@Aidan in HCMC

Full name: GURUNG SALINA

Application status: Amended application

Denied Reason:  incorrect Full name (as in icao line)

they said this however i put same exact idk why they say this even i input correctly

@Aidan in HCMC Full name: GURUNG SALINA Application status: Amended application Denied Reason:  incorrect Full name (as in icao line)  they said this however i put same exact idk why they say this even i input correctly        -@Goonsselena

Okay, good.

I'm going to assume that "Salina" is your given name (first name), and "Gurung" is your surname (family name). Also, I see that you have no middle name. I'll also assume that you hold a Hong Kong passport.

Am I correct on each of these points?

If so, on your passport information page, to the right of your picture, you will see;

Type

P

Surname

GURUNG

Given names

SALINA

If this is correct, on the second line from the very bottom of that same passport information page, you will see...

P<CHNGURUNG<<SALINA<<<<<<<<<<<<<

If this is correct, you should input on the application, in the name fields, this...

Surname*  GURUNG      Given name*  SALINA

I hope this helps. Please let the forum know whether this rectifies the issue you are having. Feel free to ask any further questions you may have.

@Aidan in HCMC

thank you but yea i wrote same way but its amended and btw my passport is nepali

@Aidan in HCMCthank you but yea i wrote same way but its amended and btw my passport is nepali         -@Goonsselena

Okay, understood. You should probably change your expat.com profile info to avoid any future confusion.

So, at the bottom of the passport info page should appear...

P<NPLGURUNG<<SALINA<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Make sure that you do not enter any blank/empty keystroke spaces either before or after your name(s).

I suggest you resubmit the application for immigration's consideration. I'd be very interested to hear back from you on this once immigration responds

@Aidan in HCMC

thank you as i already put the same way as u suggest lets see if they approve or amend again ,though i am nepali but lives in hk. if anythings happen again will get back to you . thank you

@Aidan in HCMC
thank you as i already put the same way as u suggest lets see if they approve or amend again ,though i am nepali but lives in hk. if anythings happen again will get back to you . thank you
        -@Goonsselena

You're quite welcome.

We'd very much appreciate hearing back from you on immigration's response.

If approved, great! If denied, we'll try a different approach and do our best for you.

(I'm thinking you'll be fine)

@Aidan in HCMC

thank you i got my visa .

@Aidan in HCMCthank you i got my visa .         -@Goonsselena

That's great news!

I'm very glad to hear it, and a big THANK YOU for reporting back to the forum.

I hope you have a wonderful time in Vietnam next month! 1f600.svg

Would be great to hear back from you regarding your experiences/impressions of Vietnam once you've arrived.

Feel free to ask additional questions by opening a new topic of your own for discussion, or to jump in to one of our ongoing threads, here. (Link)

Hope to hear from you again soon.

@Aidan in HCMC

You seem to be quite knowledgeable regarding the Vietnam e-Visa process. I've also encountered a problem; I received the following message:

Denied Reason: Incorrect full name (as ICAO line)

I can confirm that I have entered my first and last names correctly and in the ICAO format. The tricky part in my case is that my first and last name are exactly the same (no kidding!). Being from Greece, the passport line is as follows:

P<GRCLEONARDOS<<LEONARDOS<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Any advice how to deal with this?

Thanks a lot!

You seem to be quite knowledgeable regarding the Vietnam e-Visa process. I've also encountered a problem; I received the following message:
Denied Reason: Incorrect full name (as ICAO line)

I can confirm that I have entered my first and last names correctly and in the ICAO format. The tricky part in my case is that my first and last name are exactly the same (no kidding!). Being from Greece, the passport line is as follows:
P<GRCLEONARDOS<<LEONARDOS<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Any advice how to deal with this?
Thanks a lot!

-@leo1eo

Hi there leo1eo.

Well, that's a first for me.

Before we make any attempt at amending your application, I must ask how soon your travel date is.

It may be that the services of an experienced agent might be advisable.

@Aidan in HCMC

I am going on April 29th, so there is still time.

In case I need to contact an agent/agency, what would that change? I mean, what would the agent do differently?

If needed, do you have any recommendations for travel agents/agencies?

Lately, I've noticed an increasing number of posts citing the same reason for denial: an incorrect full name (as per the ICAO line) on the E visa application. Over the past four months, I've processed several E visa applications for friends of various nationalities who have never been to Vietnam. This includes one for my wife last month and my own just two weeks ago (though our last visit to Vietnam was last year). I encountered no issues, and all visas were approved within 3-5 days. What I don't get is that there is the info on the application and there is the picture of the actual passport... Strange.  Anyway, welcome all to VN. 

@Aidan in HCMCI am going on April 29th, so there is still time.

Excellent! Plenty of time to resubmit the application.

In case I need to contact an agent/agency, what would that change? I mean, what would the agent do differently?

The agencies deal directly with their contact(s) at VN immigration. They (the agencies) have developed a close working relationship with immigration, and as such have developed a mutually beneficial "system" which (presumably) benefits both the agent and the immigration official(s)

(wink wink).

If needed, do you have any recommendations for travel agents/agencies?      -@leo1eo

I can put you in contact with a member who has been using the services of an agent for a few years now. The agent has helped many members of the expat.com Vietnam forum community, and has earned the reputation of being trustworthy.

Because you've still plenty of time before your intended departure date, let's try this first. I suggest you resubmit your application as having been amended (without actually amending anything). It's quite possible that the immigration officer who initially reviewed your application saw your named entered "twice", assumed it was in error and sent it back to you requesting it be amended. Understand that the department has publicly committed to a three day turnaround on foreigner's eVisa applications, the reviewing officers go through literally hundreds of applications each day, and (according to my source) each officer's performance is scrutinized by superiors within their department. The reviewing officers are under pressure to perform.

(incidentally, identical "family/surnames" and "given" names are not a rarity in Vietnam, so that should not be an issue. eg. Mr. Nguyen Nguyen)

There is no limit to the number of times the same eVisa application can be amended, so don't worry about using up all of your opportunities to resubmit.

Please let us know how the resubmitted application is received, whether approved or denied. Either solo, or with the help of an agent, we'll get you through this. Very good that you had the foresight to start your eVisa application process so early.

(Evisa applicants should follow the example of member leo1eo  and start the application process well in advance of one's intended departure date)

@Aidan in HCMC

Thank you very much for the useful info! I resubmitted the application last night (without changing anything, as everything is fully correct from my side) and sent a relevant email to the e-Visa support email and to the immigration 'foreigners' department explaining the issue. I don't necessarily expect a reply to my email, but it's worth trying I guess.

I'll let you know when I have an answer.. hopefully it will be okay cause I've already booked a lot of things, as I didn't think that getting a Visa would be an issue :(

Thank you very much for the useful info!

You're welcome, but don't thank me yet1f642.svg. Let's get that eVisa for you first.

I resubmitted the application last night (without changing anything, as everything is fully correct from my side) and sent a relevant email to the e-Visa support email and to the immigration 'foreigners' department explaining the issue.

Good stuff. Though we've yet to receive a report from members indicating that they have ever, even once, received a reply to emails sent to VN immigration, there have been a couple of situations similar to yours where I'm inclined to believe that emails sent do get pinned to the foreigner's eVisa application.

I don't necessarily expect a reply to my email, but it's worth trying I guess.

LOL! It's good you don't expect a reply. I said a couple of times in the past that I'd be absolutely gobsmacked to hear that an applicant received an email response from immigration. Don't hold your breath waiting for one. I certainly do agree with you that it is worth a try.

I'll let you know when I have an answer.. hopefully it will be okay cause I've already booked a lot of things, as I didn't think that getting a Visa would be an issue sad.png-@leo1eo

Thank you, leo1eo. We'd very much appreciate that!

Don't fret too much. You'll get your eVisa, though not without some accompanying stress, unfortunately.

@Aidan in HCMC

I can put you in contact with a member who has been using the services of an agent for a few years now. The agent has helped many members of the expat.com Vietnam forum community, and has earned the reputation of being trustworthy.

Could bring me in contact just in case? I'd really appreciate it! 1f917.svg

@leo1eo

I'm sending you a PM, now.