How or what are the laws about bringing my pet dog ?

Hello, I am Paul Bergener (I go by Paulie) and am working to move to Panama in 2024.

The one question I do have is, how or what are the laws about bringing my pet dog with me?

He is maybe 5 lbs at most.

I am working on the remaining moving details currently.

I am looking forward to this move. I am close to retirement and will be doing 100% remote work until 70.

I have picked the city of David for my retirement location.

Thank you for this website.

Paulie

Hello Paulie,

Welcome on board  !

Please note that I have created this new thread from your post on the Panama forum so that members can guide you.

Till they share some feedback with you, feel free to read the following thread : Pets in Panama

All the best

Bhavna

With such a small dog, you should be able to fly it in a crate under the seat on Copa airlines. The government regulations for bringing in pets can be found on the Panama Embassy website at https://www.embassyofpanama.org/travelling-with-pets-1  We brought our dog from Los Angeles 3 years ago. There's a lot of running around and paperwork, but you can do it yourself. If you would rather someone else handle everything, there are pet relocation companies that specialize in that. Check out Pets Go Global- they're in Panama and help expats move their pets here.