Setting up a farm

Hi,

i recently visited Tanzania to visit a friend in the Morogoro region. While there I got talking to some locals about the farming sector. I've decided I'd like to invest by setting up a small farm with my local contacts.

I want to know about the laws and procedures I need to follow when starting from scratch.

Thanks in advance,

Aaron

@aaronearley Hello m'y name IS doctor mperella am tanzania am hère in dar es Salama . For investing you Can use tanzania investissent centre (tic). But also you Can do joint aventure with tanzanian national and regester your project. Since thé question IS very général i Can stop hère if you need more information contact me

Thanks

Hi @aaronearley:

There are two are various ways that you can use to invest in Tanzania as a foreigner.

The first thing that you need to understand is that,  a foreigner cannot acquire land in Tanzania save for investment purpose only.

This acquisition is made through Tanzania Investment Center (TIC). You may approach TIC as it has various pieces of land designated for investment or go to people buy the land and surrender it to TIC so that it can process a derivative right for you on the land you bought.

After acquiring the land you may start to incorporate a company for the purpose of executing the project of your choice.

You may also decided to lease a land from local people or enter into partnership or joint venture with local people.

Please, find investment or legal advisors to guide your or you may contact me for more details.

@aaronearley

You can do the following 1. Do long term lease even more than 25 years. 2. Partner with local you can even establish organisation together. 3. If your married citizen of Tanzania also you can own land together. 4. Buy the land and Tanzania investment center will give you derivative right for 33, or 66 years and certificate of  initiative if qualified( this need more detail so that you can understand) 

Your welcome in Tanzania, the country have larger fertility land with no one do serious farming while African need food everyday.

Regards

Mark

Hi, I am trying to partner or invest if possible in property. Maybe I will be an administrator for Airbnb.  I already have an Airbnb account and I was a guest with a few places on that platform.  I am planning to travel this year to Tanzania.  I have a dear friend who lives there. I hope someone can help me to become a partner so down the line I can own property.  I know the only way for me if I am not a citizen of your country is to connect with a business.

Hello everyone,

If you want to invest or do business in Tanzania, feel free to do some research on the the following website :

Ministry of Foreign Affairs and East African Cooperation - Opportunities for Investment : https://www.foreign.go.tz/services/oppo … n-tanzania

All the best

Bhavna