Opportunity in Angola LUANDA

Hello everyone!

I'm currently talking with an Oil & Gas company about going to work in Angola.

I'm 30 and so is my Korean partner. We're currently asking ourselves a lot of questions about this opportunity.... Are there any people living in Angola, or more specifically in Luanda, who can tell us about life there? For my part, I'm very apprehensive about the security aspect, especially as my partner is Asian....so not very commun in this country. I read a lot of things about life in Luanda, with messages that are sometimes completely the opposite of each other (Luanda is safe, whereas others say it's extremely dangerous, with violent robberies, sometimes with weapons)...

So, in terms of salary, we'd like to negotiate a minimum of 8k USD NET with rent + driver + security guard, but maybe we're asking for too much? That's why I'm launching this little SOS!

Thank you to those who will take the time to help us! :) We've already consulted this forum quite a bit, especially this thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=443377 where the initial responses don't really put us in the best context! 1f605.svg

Kind regards