Ice hockey

Does anyone know when the ice hockey season starts in Saigon?

Right after the first polar bear is sighted

Does anyone know when the ice hockey season starts in Saigon?
-@worthington846

Hi there worthington846, and welcome to expat.com, and thank you for your first post!

You've probably seen the info found on the HCMC Ice Hockey League facebook page. If not, the text below is from their "About" page.

"About HCMC Ice Hockey League

Dear Ice Hockey Players and Enthusiasts,

The Canadian Chamber of Commerce Vietnam, The Consulate of Sweden and VinPearl Mega Mall (Thao Dien An Phu) are proud to announce the formation of the Ho Chi Minh City Ice Hockey League (HHL).

The league shall play Thursday commencing sometime in May at VinPro Mega Mall from 8pm to 10pm.

There will be three levels of play:

Tuesdays    8-9pm Beginners: 6-14 years old (skills & coaching – Parents welcome)   

9-10pm Intermediate: 14 and up (skills & coaching – Parents welcome)

Thursdays  8-10pm  Advanced:    full equipment highly recommended

Equipment: Rental Skates / Helmets /  elbow / knee pads are available at the rink

Sticks: if you have a stick please bring with you, as we have limited numbers at present

Full equipment: able to order from Bauer Vietnam through Infocus Hockey

Address: 159 Xa lộ Hà Nội, P. Thảo Điền, Q.2, HCMC, Vietnam

If you would like to play, please contact us for details at:"

Contact details found at source, here

I've not heard of any activity from these guys since covid. They may not be active nowadays. There were many ice hockey games being organized starting back in 2017 (coincidentally, the same year I arrived :) ). As far as I know, Vietnam is not yet a member of the World Hockey Assc.

When you have time please let us know what you learn about this. We would certainly appreciate it, and your feedback/tips/observations will help others.

As a fellow Canadian, I'd be personally interested in hearing back on this subject.

Again, welcome aboard and hope to hear from you again soon.

@worthington846

sorry, contact details, here

Right after the first polar bear is sighted
-@OceanBeach92107

LOL. Well, there is that Jamaican bobsled team thing :)

I've not heard of any activity from these guys since covid. They may not be active nowadays. There were many ice hockey games being organized starting back in 2017 (coincidentally, the same year I arrived smile.png ). As far as I know, Vietnam is not yet a member of the World Hockey Assc.

-@Aidan in HCMCI

I wandered by the rink and saw people playing in late 2020 or early 2021 right before we left HCMC so they were still active during COVID.

Thanks go all the responses.Im bringing all my hockey gear with me in January.Hope to find some pickup games in Siagon then.Im also my Telecaster and electric key to search out jamming opps.Email me if anyone has info on either activety thanks.***

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Contact details such as emails should be shared through the private messaging system.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct