Electricidad

Does anyone know if UTE buys back unused electricity from an individual's solar pv array? This practice is common in the UK.

@ColoniaMan

Hello,

as you know I have seen many farms in the last 6 months.  There I was told that UTE does take the surplus and that people in Uruguay do not choose being of grid because storage of the electricity is too expensive in here. 

I do not like that concept because it means that you really are not independent, defeating the purpose of having your own solar power.  Even in Canada and Germany many people are self sufficient, although the 10000 roofs programm in Bavaria (100000 in Germany) actually forced the utilities to pay such high prices that the photo voltaic installation was paid off in 5 years.  If you used the electricity yourself it would not be paid off in 50 years because of the differing rates and the extra cost for storage.  But freedom has its price ...

You're not wrong Armin. With fewer sunshine hours and colder nights, I am now consuming more than I produce. I could either double the storage for something over £400, use bottled gas or have a wood burning stove installed.