Cost of living-cheapest place in Japan

Can anyone tell where the best place in Japan for the cheapest cost of living , and reasonable weather conditions , not too cold

Hello Hartley,

Welcome to expat.com!

Have you found a job in Japan? If not, what will be the purpose of your stay in Japan?

Feel free to check the link below for information regarding the cost of living in some Japanese cities.

https://questionjapan.com/blog/location … -in-japan/

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Yoginee  Hi . No I don't have a job in Japan , because now I am at retirement age . So I'm looking for the cheapest place to live .

Hello hartley3009,

Have you been to Japan before?

Why did you choose Japan for retirement?

I invite you to read the Living in Japan guide for expats to get all information that you need to relocate to this country.

There are articles on Visas for Japan, Accommodation in Japan and so on.1f60a.svg

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Personally speaking, since we have often thought about moving to Japan, we would be looking in Shizuoka Prefecture although not sure about which town. We like to be near to Mt. Fuji, Mishima City, Izu Peninsula, Numazu etc and also it's not a long journey to get to Yokohama or Tokyo yet still in the countryside. We haven't looked at accommodation or cost of living so far as it's still for the future but we like this area very much.