Renting long term

Hello,

I am a croatian citizen living in North America currently. I was thinking of returning. Considering that I am not a rich invester with  millions of Euros to buy property  I was planning to rent  But whenever I look for renting ads on sites like Njuskalo etc  they are always short term. They always ask to vacate the property at the begining to the end of the tourist season. Is renting(to live)  even a thing in Croatia?  Looks like everybody is trying to capitalize on just tourists. How do everday people rent for a living?

Hi , we are in the same position. Everything is geared towards the tourist season. I have a job lined up but no where to live with my family. It is definitely a problem that needs to be addressed. Good luck!,

Makes me think how the locals live. They certainly can't afford the prices too. Do they just live in multigenerational homes?

@A P44 Yes, I think they just stay in the same places. I found a place but then read further on that the want an extra €2000 for the months of June July and August. Not sustainable for people wanting to come long term.

It's a PITA which is why we left Croatia and bought property in Turkey last year (which is now out of control as well). The locals struggle but at least they have local connections, word-of-mouth, and in the case of a few friends and people I know in Split—inherited property.

The presence of Digital Nomads didn't help at all as prices increased astronomically to accommodate people who will only stick around for two years. When a landlord reads that people are asking whether or not "1500 euros is a reasonable price for rent on a 1+1" in Split, a cash register dances in their head.