New-ish to Madrid

While I was born in Madrid, I left many, many moons ago after finishing college to marry my lovely bride in the USA. I spent over 25 years in Minnesota working as a software engineer and business analyst at a med-tech multinational. A couple of years back, we chose to retire and relocate to the south of Madrid, in Spain.  We spend our time in a small art studio where I create colorful and surprising papier mâché pieces while my wife paints, creates collages, jewelry or quilts, that is, when we are not cooking up a storm.

Because I have lived most of my adult time in the US and my wife does not speak Spanish, we feel a bit like expats even after two years. As much as I have become capable of doing simultaneous translations, conversations with a language intermediary are difficult and we often seek english speaking connections.

Hello dramallo,

Welcome to Expat.com1f601.svg

Thank you for the introduction.

Please note that your thread is now on the Madrid forum.

Could you please tell us what exactly are you hoping to find here?

Are you looking to meet new people? Are you looking for information?

Feel free to ask your questions.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@dramallo Hi! Welcome back to Madrid! I can relate to what you say! I only spent 8 years abroad and coming back to Madrid has been a shock :)

My husband is also a software engineer, by the way. Let me know if you'd like to meet