Immigrating to Ireland

Good day.

We are looking to immigrate, to Ireland in the next 3-6 months. It will be my husband, myself, our son, 2 daughters and my mother.

My Husband is on the critical jobs list for IT jobs. Where is a good platform to look for jobs?

Where is the best place to look at schools? accommodation, and any other information we would require making the move successful.

Jacqueline Langton

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The best place to find out about the Irish job market is probably LinkedIn (link); your husband can reach out to his peers and find out who is recruiting, where and how much they are paying.

Once you know more about working, you can begin to look at places to live, schools etc.

You'll need visas; the Irish Government website has links that will help you further; this link will take you to their home page.

I think the biggest issue you will face is bringing your mother with you as unless they are wholly dependent on you, she may need to qualify in her own right.  The Irish have a Citizens Information service that is a wealth of information on all matters; this link will take you straight to their website.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team