Moving to Nicaragua in 2024

Hi! I'm Maurice, Swiss…and I will move to Nicaragua in 2024. I'm struggling with the requirements to apply for the permanent residence. I have been married for 30 years with a Nicaraguan and I thought that it would be enough to get the residence! But apparently it's not…first, I won't have a pension or rent, but a bank account that will cover me until my retirement age…so, I'm not dependent of my spouse. Will I get refused if I don't have a pension?

Thanks for any light to this dilemma!

@Clark Mers

I would highly recommend you seek the services of an Immigration attorney. He can handle all of the necessary forms and visits to the Managua Immigration office for a reason price. Myself and my wife worked with him to get our cedulas in Nicaragua. It took about 3 months.  You can send me a private message for details if you like.

Clark,

Were you able to get your immigration questions answered? Let me know.

@Clark Mers Hi! I am planing to move in 2024 as well but I am going to apply for my residency based on my pension in Spain. I have contacted these lawyers in [link moderated] and they provided me all the informations I needed about the process. Of course for a fee they will assist you during this process. I am at the beginning of my application, collecting the papers as its a bit of a struggle (I am Polish living in Spain) so I can't tell you anything more, but it's worth to ask. Good luck!

@Joanna_J

Hello and welcome !

To avoid any indirect advertising on the forum, I recommend that you share the email in private by clicking on the member's photo.

Regards

Bhavna