Leave of Absence or Final Exit

Hi, i would like to ask, i want to transfer to another company but my current employer won't allow me. Can i just stop work and have leave of absence? can my current employer issue me a final exit if i stop going to work? Or base on the new rules in the kingdom, i will have the choice to choose if i will go exit of transfer my services.

You cannot stop working unless you finished your 2 years contract and want to EXIT. But if its not they have the right to put “Huroob” status on you because of Absence from work. That status is NOT GOOD.

The only way you can transfer without current employer permission once your Iqama is expired.

Hello everyone,

Thank you JinJin1234 for sharing this piece of information.1f609.svg

This will be useful to the OP.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@JinJin1234 There is a new Law here in Saudi Arabia that  if your company will make you Huroob/Leave of Absence status, you can transfer to another employer directly and your new employer will shoulder the expenses and penalty. Another question is, if my Old Employer can issue me exit VISA directly if i Stop working?

BTW this is a revised Law for Leave of Absence Status in the Kingdom, updated Oct. 24, 2022

"RIYADH — The Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development has updated the regulations governing the situation when foreign employees remain absent from work in private sector companies and establishments.

This is part of the ministry's efforts to improve the contractual relationship between workers and employers, as well as to protect the contractual rights of all parties, and increase the attractiveness and flexibility of the employment market in the Kingdom.

As per the update of the procedures, the data of the expatriate worker ceases to be linked to his employer's firm after the employer submits a request to terminate the contractual relationship due to the worker's absence from duty. In such a case, the employee will be absent from work in the ministry's systems, and the current employer does not bear any consequences for this.

In this case, the worker has the right, within 60 days, to transfer his service to another employer or obtain a final exit. In the event of passing 60 days without the foreign worker taking one of these options, the status of the worker becomes absent from work in the ministry's systems and related regulations.

With regard to expatriate workers who were reported absent from work before the date of this update, the ministry clarified that employers would be allowed to transfer their services to their facilities if their status is absent from work. The late fees pertaining to these workers will be transferred to the new employer and this is with the worker's consent when transferring the worker's services to the new employer.

If the transfer of the service of the worker is not completed within 15 days from the date of the ministry's approval of the transfer, the status of the expatriate will remain absent from work.

These updated measures come within the ministry's efforts to protect the rights of workers and employers, and a continuation of efforts to raise the efficiency and attractiveness of the Saudi employment market, including the Wage Protection System, the initiative to improve the contractual relationship, and the friendly settlement program."

Link for reference: ( https://saudigazette.com.sa/article/626 … N-lDHYe3Rk )

Hi All Greetings,

I am holding Temporary work visit visa of 3 months if I want to leave ksa to my home country can i leave without support of the company?..

Appreciate you instant support thanks.

Yes. you can leave the country since you are on a visit visa. But however if you visit visa is not multi exit re-entry visa then you cannot return back on the same visa, you will be required to raise new visit visa or work visa to return back to KSA.

@RAVi Kumar33

Yes. you can leave the country since you are on a visit visa. But however if you visit visa is not multi exit re-entry visa then you cannot return back on the same visa, you will be required to raise new visit visa or work visa to return back to KSA.

@Jadeed Mohammed one more thing I want ask sir employer can put some restrictions on my name without any reason and he can stop me to travel from ksa? Thanks

No.  Only thing he can do is accuse of a criminal charge e.g. stealing and that may lead to confiscation of passport / travel ban until case is resolved.

@XTang Bro, Temporary work visa required Exit visa even I am not having Iqama only I am holding Temporary work visa of 180 days so I can  fly to my home country with out any support of employer?. Please explain to. Me. Because I have some emergency at my home thanks.

That was already answered.  You can leave.

Haii

i have  2 year contract but i have given proper resignation letter to the employer and they have been stopped  my work without any notice period ,and the comoany forcing me to stay only in their accomadation only , i came out of the company to meet my family , now the company saying that they will make me as Hurub , what can i do ? please help

Hi All,

I want to ask, how long it takes to get a response from qiwa if you file absent from work status because your previous employer huroob you and now you have new employer waiting.

Thanks for the answer.

Hi Guys,

My employer does not have good reputation of transferring the Iqama. AM still in the Probation Period. Can i switch to the new employer during Probation??? (as per contract both parties has the right to leave on 1 day notice). in this case, will the Iqama Transfer request come to my existing employer or not???

I want to switch without any hurdles from the employer. The employer dint pay for my iqama or insurance. I incurred all the expenses

Hi all

I want to ask tha I came in Saudi Arabia on my own visa an d I took transfer to a company and now it's 4 months completed but I am not feeling good I want to take exit after 6 months so is it possible to take exit because my contact Is for 2 year and I want to take exit after one year.

Kindly reply

@AB0085

have you fibd any solution.

iam in a same situation.

Not yet.

My company is saying that you have to pay charges if you break contract. I don't know what to do. In this situation