Vacation without my iqama

I've lost my iqama 5 months ago,  my sponsor renewed it already but still dont get it,  i'm planning for vacation this april but i'm waiting for my iqama. Can i ask my company to process my vacation even if my iqama doesn't have it?  please answer..  Thanks

first note: you would need physical iqama for doing almost everything here, like issuing sims, getting any kind of verification, visiting any kind of government office/ministry,etc.

According to your situation even after iqama renewal your new iqama wont be printed, as government have stopped printing new iqamas before 2 years, as they have printed 5 years validity, now company cannot get you new just like that, you can get new while applying that your old iqama has got lost, but its very lengthy procedure, and that i must say you should do, to live here tension-free.

now to your question, yes, you can request company to issue you vacation, coz at airport you would only need passport for travelling. And passport for returning back. So that wont be a hassle. Otherwise i would suggest if you wish to stay here do get physical iqama.

Depends on the officer at immigration.  On literally every single entry and exit from Saudi, immigration asks me to show them my Iqama.  I travel outside Saudi every single week and not once, have I been able to exit without showing my physical Iqama card.

XTang wrote:

Depends on the officer at immigration.  On literally every single entry and exit from Saudi, immigration asks me to show them my Iqama.  I travel outside Saudi every single week and not once, have I been able to exit without showing my physical Iqama card.

maybe i am wrong, but i think you are trying to exit from saudia to GCC, as i have to show them my iqama while moving in between GCC, but whenever i go back to home country (pakistan), which i guess in the case of the OP is, he would probably need only passport, still i would emphasize on having physical iqama.

I got my exit reentry visa without my iqama,  the bad thing is i can't update my atm.

I got my exit reentry visa already the bad thing is i can't update my atm

zohaibar wrote:

maybe i am wrong, but i think you are trying to exit from saudia to GCC, as i have to show them my iqama while moving in between GCC, but whenever i go back to home country (pakistan), which i guess in the case of the OP is, he would probably need only passport, still i would emphasize on having physical iqama.

Actually no.  They ask for it for exit from Saudi irrespective of where you are going - I have had to show it going to GCC, home country, Europe etc etc.  The only time they don't ask to see it is when you are on final exit but in that case, it is basically a final exit visa that determines your exit.  Also, coming back, how would you prove your resident status in Saudi to the airlines?  they might not let you board in that case.

As I said, it again depends on the mood of the officer because practically, they can see Iqama details in the system. 

And exit re-entry is issued online in the system so you don't need to show physical Iqama.

XTang wrote:
zohaibar wrote:

Actually no.  They ask for it for exit from Saudi irrespective of where you are going - I have had to show it going to GCC, home country, Europe etc etc.  The only time they don't ask to see it is when you are on final exit but in that case, it is basically a final exit visa that determines your exit.  Also, coming back, how would you prove your resident status in Saudi to the airlines?  they might not let you board in that case.

As I said, it again depends on the mood of the officer because practically, they can see Iqama details in the system. 

And exit re-entry is issued online in the system so you don't need to show physical Iqama.

Well, cant argue, but for my last 40-50 trips overseas, i always left my iqama by home. No one ever asked. Airlines sometimes require the Exit Re-Entry paper, which i have attached.

@XTang hello. I am going back to my country for emergency reason, will they issue me exit re entry visa, but i dont have iqama. Since im just been 2 weeks here in Saudi Arabia. Can my employer do something?

I have my Iqama activated, but havent got the physical card yet, but need to travel to my home country for a week for emergency, can i comeback without physical card?

i have my absher app and digital acard available on the app.

The problem is not going out.   Depending on your country, they may create problems letting you board the plane without a physical Iqama card.