Vaccination Verification for kids DP

Hi all, with the new rules requiring foreign children to have vaccination verified by the Health Promotion Board before applying for DPs for them, has anyone gone through the process? I submitted all the docs 15+ business days ago and have not heard anything (other than the confirmation email). The 3 phone numbers on the website don't work and they don't seem to respond to email enquiries.

What else to do??

This topic has not come up on the forum yet, ao please keep us updated so future readers can find your information.
As usual with Singapore buerocracy, there is probably nothing you can do but wait.

hi, i have the same issue . i submitted all the documents on 28th feb. There is no response. I've tried to email them and call them. no response. Can someone help? Is there a way to escalate this issue? is the re any grievance cell for HPB?

Try to reach out through your employer as there is higher possibility for them to respond to a company who is hiring foreigners, rather replying a foreigner directly. Good luck

Yes. I am facing the similar problem too. Applied on Mar 6 and status was showing submitted. Called them on 22 Mar and they had asked to send form, My wife DP and passport again. Now the status shows pending. Now they are saying it will take another 15 days as they have large of no of applications. waiting for their reply.

PS. They are not responding to emails. I have called them in following numbers
Hope this helps.

OK guys, good news, i got the approval today. I had to call them multiple times. One time i got lucky and got someone on the other side. Informed her that i have been waiting since 28 feb. She apologized and asked me to send copy of MY passport also. She said that she'll expedite my case. Sent the passport copy today and in the evening i got approval email from HPB. hope it helps.

bro, try visiting their office if possible. i was lucky to reach them on 15th try on 65344907 number.

Hi Guys,

I submitted the HPB application for my daughter on 25th March and the current status is SUBMITTED. I am right now in india and will be reaching singapore on 6th Apr. I just have one confusion, to fill-up the HPB form do i need to be in singapore ? As, at the forms submission page option 6 asked to submit a SG photo-ID proof , which i do not have right now.
And after reading the above messages, i will surely ask now my employer to keep following-up on my hpb application.

I got the approval today after I called them and reminded them twice in this week.

dhinakaranpandian wrote:

I got the approval today after I called them and reminded them twice in this week.

Great news. So looks like , it is just now me who is waiting for approval on this.

Are you EP holder?

dhinakaranpandian wrote:

Are you EP holder?

I have IPA with me now.

We have a job in Singapore starting in August. We have been advised to complete this information for our daughter who is 2 in May. In the UK, 2nd dose of MMR jab and 1st booster of Diphtheria is at 3 years 4 months, so she hasn't had them yet. However, these vaccinations are required for the visa. Is anyone else in this position? What have you done? Our GP has refused to give my daughter these vaccinations early. I have emailed the helpline but heard nothing back. Their website does not seem to provide information about what to do under these circumstances.

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

Hi cboo, you will need to find a doctor who is willing to give you the required vaccinations as per the Singapore schedule. In Hong Kong, measles is given at 12months and then again in primary 1. For our 3.5 year old son, we had to give him the second dose now in order to be in line with the Singapore schedule.

Thanks Jaydub. Was that the same with diphtheria? I assume it doesn't matter when they've had the vaccinations, as long as they've had them?

If it's not advisable to give any vaccinations earlier than it's actual time, then better don't give it.

You can ask your doctor to provide a certificate that these vaccinations can be given at these defined ages, not earlier. Submit this along with DP form of your child. MoM will consider.

Here, you can get all the vaccinations. You can visit Child clinic immediately on your arrival (you need to visit clinic to do medical check up) and book the appointment for your child's next vaccinations. The appointment can be shown to MoM Officer (if they ask for) when you and your family will visit them for your photo session, certificate & other documents verification and finger prints. Good luck

Dear,

Below is my case, i am from China, my kid now is 2.5 years old.

As per China Childhood Immunisation Schedule: first measles vaccination is 8 months old, then second MMR is 18-24 months.Then 4 years old one more MMR.

However, as per singapore rules, Children vaccinated with measles-containing vaccine before 12 months of age should be re-vaccinated with two doses of MMR vaccine, the first of which should be administered when the child turns at least 12 months of age.

So my kid needs one more dose of MMR,however, which is refused by doctor in China because it's not under China Childhood Immunisation Schedule.

What I did is I applied tourist visa for my kid and  just finished one dose MMR in Singapore, now all docs submitted to HPB awaiting approval.

Thanks.

Hi ,
in India generally  measles MMR 1st dose will be given at 9 months and MMR 2nd dose will be given at 18 Months.

As per Singapore vaccination schedule measles should be given at 12th Month - 1st Dose and before 18th Month - 2nd Dose .

In these case how do we approach/apply to get VR ? any ideas and tips would help me.

thanks
Arun

mailarunkumars wrote:

Hi ,
in India generally  measles MMR 1st dose will be given at 9 months and MMR 2nd dose will be given at 18 Months.

As per Singapore vaccination schedule measles should be given at 12th Month - 1st Dose and before 18th Month - 2nd Dose .

In these case how do we approach/apply to get VR ? any ideas and tips would help me.

thanks
Arun

I applied tourist visa for my kid and done one dose MMR in Singapore, tourist visa can be extended one month, hope my kid can get DP bt then.

Bear2122 wrote:
mailarunkumars wrote:

Hi ,

thanks
Arun

I applied tourist visa for my kid and done one dose MMR in Singapore, tourist visa can be extended one month, hope my kid can get DP bt then.

Hi,
But is it HPB acceptable to vaccinate MMR after 2 years ?

mailarunkumars wrote:
Bear2122 wrote:
mailarunkumars wrote:

Hi ,

thanks
Arun

Hi,

Yes, i have friend already got VR, same case with me, since 2 dose MMR after 12 month is fine

Bear2122 wrote:
mailarunkumars wrote:
Bear2122 wrote:

Hi,

Yes, i have friend already got VR, same case with me, since 2 dose MMR after 12 month is fine

thank you. But we should check with doctor carefully, as we are giving one extra MMR dosage as opposed to schedule.

mailarunkumars wrote:

Hi ,

thanks
Arun

Just get another dose. My daughter got her first MMR dose 1 week before she reached 12 months old. Given this is disregarded by the Singapore Government as per their requirements, I took my daughter to get another dose to replace this.

jaydubskee wrote:
mailarunkumars wrote:

Hi ,

thanks
Arun

Just get another dose. My daughter got her first MMR dose 1 week before she reached 12 months old. Given this is disregarded by the Singapore Government as per their requirements, I took my daughter to get another dose to replace this.

Thank you jaydubskee. But within how many months we should have completed two doses of MMR  after 12 months ? my child is already 21 months old (1st dose given at 9 month and 2nd Dose at 18 month)

mailarunkumars wrote:
Bear2122 wrote:
mailarunkumars wrote:

Hi,

thank you. But we should check with doctor carefully, as we are giving one extra MMR dosage as opposed to schedule.

I asked doctor in China, one extra dose MMR is not a problem.

Indestructible007 wrote:
dhinakaranpandian wrote:

Great news. So looks like , it is just now me who is waiting for approval on this.

Hi ,
whether you received VR approval ? Regarding option 6 asking to submit a SG photo-ID proof while filing VR form online, did you uploaded IPA Approval PDF ?
Please Let me know.

Any recent timescales for VoV Certificate issuance?

My application is at 6 weeks.. 30 working days... surprising and disappointing not to have received any feedback in this time.

I am impressed that some have managed to make contact with HPB. One line is not answered and the other is permanently busy..

Hi ,

it took a month for me to get VoV when they said 10 working days lead time. Now the site itself says 20 working days. Not sure what is the process

To contact, I have used following 2 numbers and both of them most of time was busy. However after continuously tried for 1 hour, I managed to get them on line only then they asked me to send other supporting documents and it took 2 more weeks after that.

Hope this helps.

mailarunkumars wrote:
Indestructible007 wrote:
dhinakaranpandian wrote:

Hi ,
whether you received VR approval ? Regarding option 6 asking to submit a SG photo-ID proof while filing VR form online, did you uploaded IPA Approval PDF ?
Please Let me know.

Hi ,

Yes , i had uploaded my IPA letter.

I got approval after 40 days, the number i called but always busy,so i went to HPB office, they asked me to give them copy of my EP and my wife DP,and said i will get result in one or two days, however, after i again call them 2 times by phone, it approval finally after one week, this is the number they gave to me 64353267. This number will be answered immediately but only available before 1pm, good luck guys

Is that 40 working days ie. 2 months or 40 days in the calendar?

40 days in calender

Would like to share my experience.
I applied for VR certificate on 29th April. While their FAQ page says 10 working days only. But My application acknowledgment was saying that due to high volume of applications, it may take upto 20 working days.

I let 10 working days passed and then called on their toll free number (+65) 1800 2231313. It took me 4-5 minutes to reach operator but finally was able to connect in first call itself. They advised me to send request thru email  (hpb_nir@hpb.gov.sg & hpb_nir_fne@hpb.gov.sg) to expedite the approval.

I sent an email and got an auto-reply and is same email they mentioned a direct contact (6435 3676) available 9:00 Am to 1:00 PM only during working days.

I called this number on 11th day and requested for a favor. Though they promised that I can expect it within next 4-5 days. But to my surprise, I got the email within 3 hours that application has been approved.

May be it was luck only or might be they expedite the cases where people follow-up a lot.

Thanks for sharing your case. It certainly will help our expats who want information about this process.

djsingh wrote:

I sent an email and got an auto-reply and is same email they mentioned a direct contact (6
I called this number on 11th day and requested for a favor. Though they promised that I can expect it within next 4-5 days. But to my surprise, I got the email within 3 hours that application has been approved.

You have been very smart or fortunate to receive the cert in this timeframe, based on most other experience it seems to be 4-6 weeks with a variety of obstacles along the way. Well done.. !

I think I am too fortunate with all this.
No one would believe me, but I got this VR certificate yesterday PM. My employer applied for DP last evening and to much of my surprise, I could see the DP is approve already.

It's something unbelievable.

djsingh wrote:

I think I am too fortunate with all this.
No one would believe me, but I got this VR certificate yesterday PM. My employer applied for DP last evening and to much of my surprise, I could see the DP is approve already.

It's something unbelievable.

In normal cases it takes two to three days. I know few cases late last year.

Our DP also same day (1-2 hours and it was done).

HI there,

When you say you visited, was it to the address below, and did you make an appointment or just turn up?

Health Promotion Board
3 Second Hospital Avenue Singapore 168937

Sounds like a trick i'm willing to try if it will speed the process up. At this rate, my son will miss his first day/week in school..

Thanks!

Hello all,

Thanks for your experiences.  I'm just submitting my daughter's application for the medical certificate. She is 4 and was immunised to schedule in the UK, with doses of diptheria vaccine 28 days apart. But when I try to enter the dates in the system, it rejects it, saying the vaccines were invalid and she needs to take them again.

Has anyone else come across this issue of the website rejecting the immunisation dates they enter? And how did you resolve it?

Thanks