New members of the Cayman Islands forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the Cayman Islands forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in the Cayman Islands if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello Comrades!

Am Gladys from Kenya.Currently living and working in Kenya.
Am new in this forum and very much want to learn more of how i can move ,live and work in Cayman Islands.
Am an accountant by Proffession and I would like lots of help on how to relocate soonest...am ready like yestarday :) .

My main interest is growth,improve my living standards for me and my family,give back to society and create wealth.

Any help on the best steps to take from now will be highly appreciated and j promise to be active in helping other people like me from all over the world to improve themselves ,live better where possible.

Thanking you for having me :)

Hi,

My husband and I will be moving to the Cayman Islands in August this year, I have secured a teaching job. My husband is a Marine biologist/ecologist so hoping to get some diving work or work in coral reefs.

We are very excited for the move! We currently live in the Seychelles but will head back to the UK for a couple of weeks before the big move. Any tips on moving belongings? Is it easy to just bring excess baggage or to ship some boxes over?

Thanks  :cheers:

Wanderourway wrote:

We are very excited for the move! We currently live in the Seychelles but will head back to the UK for a couple of weeks before the big move. Any tips on moving belongings? Is it easy to just bring excess baggage or to ship some boxes over?

Check the online "Cayman new resident". Shipping usually comes via Miami, so takes a while. Only you can know how long it will take to find a place to live, and how furnished it will be.

Hi Guys,
I "moved" to George Town in March, but I work as a geologist and have spent almost all of my time somewhere else.  I will be home again in December for at least a week, and hope the CI are offering you a very warm welcome. 
Ivor

Hello All,

My name is Collins, from Nigeria. I plan to migrate to Cayman Island on work and stay basis. I am married with 3 kids. I wish to know if there are Nigerians over there, then cost of living - housing/rent cost, school fees for minors, health care fare, weather condition etc.

Kindly advise me further and possibly introduce me to any Nigerian living currently in the Island.

Thanks.

Collins

First, check the online "Cayman New Resident". It will tell you - among other things - that you have to have a job lined up before you come here. As a British colony, Cayman operates an indentured-labour system, under which it is employers who take out Work Permits, not employees.

Also, you could usefully read some of my early blog-posts (http://barlowscayman.blogspot.com), which were addressed to residents of the Islands rather than outsiders.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=880395

Thanks!

Closed