Trip to Turkey

Hi guys!  We plan to have few days trip to Turkey.  Do you know any good agencies but with reasonable rates?  Any tips that would be useful for our travel?  Your good and traumatic experiences from your travel will be appreciated. Thanks a lot! :-)

which part of turkey ? And if you let me know the purpose of yr visit, I can help you with some hints

Tray thomas cook
http://www.thomascookegypt.com/

We plan to go to Istanbul. I also want to know the best places to go and to shop for authentic products for souvenirs, cuisines and clothes coz I have read that clothing is much cheaper there than in Egypt. I know that it will take time to learn more about the country that's why I'm planning ahead.  Much better if you could give me tips and your experiences with the travel agency, airline, accommodation, transportation, food, etc. :-)

The best city for shopping is sure Istanbul. you can also enjoy the historical places as well as Bosphorus where Asia and Europe are linked.
For shopping, yes, there are several districts that you can find different quality and price levels. It is for sure that the average of prices for clothes are cheaper than Egypt cz Turkey is still a big manufacturer. You should also consider that Turkey comes after Italy in all Europe in creating fashion and designs and Istanbul is the head of that. For instance, in the area called Osmanbey where my former office was, there are lots of wholesellers and retailers that draw the attention of people from Middle East and Europe.
In some parts of Istanbul you can feel yrself as if you are in europe.
ı don't know any travel agency in Egypt yet but my ex partner is dealing with that booking and sight seeing issue too. He is working with Middle East companies in garments by means of door to door deliveries and also handling their hotel reservations and sight seeing tours. In his office everybody speaks Arabic.
If there is someting more I can help, pls let me know.

I will transfer this topic to Turkey's forum for a better visibility allowing more accurate responses from fellow forumers there :)

thanks a lot volky.  i really appreciate it. :-)

try also a big travel agency called Blue Sky at center of Cairo.
I went to Turkey 2 years ago thru them.
Stayed at Istanbul for a week and they were in charge of picking u up from the airport and back to the airport when it was time to leave. so that was awesome.

You are welcome Marither . Whenever you need more info, pls do not hesitate to write me. ıstanbul is my home city I can say
@ Moderator ; if you also need more "ACCURATE (whatever you mean by that)" info, you also contact me

I was just meaning that if her message had remained where it was posted, she might not obtain correct answers to her questions :)
Cheers
Arlette

The Good places in Istanbul:
1. Boshphorus
2. Prices Island - BuyukAda
3. Blue Mosque
4. Galata Saray
5. Topakapi
6. Iosophia
7. Bashiktash

Istanbul is really a nice place... I love it. It's my second visit.

I had the same question in mind as marither :) and I found good info here.

For Istanbul, are there any local agencies who provide city-tour sort of services. (These are quite common in UAE.)

Also, another question for any Turkish friend: I am basically looking for nice green scenes and sea site seeing etc. Should I consider including any other Turk city in my trip?

All east blacksea region my friend. You will find there much more green and beautiful then Switzerland or mountains of Austria. To pick up a local agency is a good idea

Hello!
I'm from Moskow. last summer I was in Antalia with my husband. We had very much emotions, we visited The Archeological Museum, Sultanahmet The Blue Mosque, Bazaar District, Istanbul! (Moderated:No free advertising, Please)   
We will go to Turkey again.

You are always welcome Abrikoska. Antalya is a more Russian city rather than Turkish :)

Thanks Bhanu_India, Abrikoska & Haythambibo. Btw Haythambibo, where's Blue Sky?  Can you send me the email add & other contact info?