Getting reliable quotes for services, pre-landing.

Hello. I am doing the backend work of facilitating out move for my partners corporate relocation. I have most things worked out and our company is taking care of a great deal of the interim accommodation, paperwork thankfully. I do however have a strange difficulty getting quotes for services(home internet, very important) without our final address and we don't have the corporate apartment information yet since we're not moving until early June. Can anyone give me a high-end bandwidth cost for the Zaandam area with KPN? I'm likely just going to go through them for a bundled secondary utilities package (mobile, home internet) with a good VPN, most of our services have a direct analog there so we just need coverage. Thank you.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Perhaps consider getting a SIM on arrival (they had them in the arrivals hall last time I went through) and use yout mobile as a hotspot till you get sorted.

Cynic

Expat Team

@Cynic My partner will be set up at her offices and I can use a cafe wifi once we've landed, I just don't like leaving things such as budgeting until the last minute and want to have an idea what our total monthly is going to be well before it is our reality. Thank you though.

@Cynic My partner will be set up at her offices and I can use a cafe wifi once we've landed, I just don't like leaving things such as budgeting until the last minute and want to have an idea what our total monthly is going to be well before it is our reality. Thank you though.

-@muytatuaje

Then all I can offer you is a link to a price comparison website; it's in Dutch, but the top right-hand corner are links to an English language version.

One thing you need to be aware of is that in order to sign up to an internet/mobile phone type of contract, they will do a credit check (BKR Registratie); they can't do that until you are registered with the Gemeente (local council) and you have your BSN (like a personal ID number).  I assume you have done the research of how/where to do this, but you must make an appointment to register within 5 days of arrival in the Netherlands.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

@Cynic Hey, thanks for the link, it gave me the whole breakdown and showed me comparisons exactly as I had hoped for. Take care