Long stay work visa appointment this week, I'm nervous!

Hi all, I have visa appointment this coming week. I'm a US citizen, applying for a 1 year salarié (work) visa. I would really appreciate it if I could share and hear opinions on my situation and preparation. I see lots of information online regarding student, tourist and spouse visas, but nearly nothing for work visas. I was also surprised to see that the list of required documents for a work visa are nothing like that of the old student visa that I applied to years ago. For example, on their document list, other than the obvious ID photo, passport, application papers, and confirmation of the appointment, the only required documents are the autorisation de travail (work permit), and justification of professional experience (my CV, diploma photocopy, and internship attestations are what I will be giving in my case). There is nothing they say about providing a return ticket, proving ties to your home country, financial means, or lodging. I guess this makes sense becuse this visa is for a permanent contract. Here are the documents I've compiled so far:

-Official autorisation de travail (work permit) for my CDI

-Demande de visa de long séjour form dated and signed, along with the Récépissé d'enregistrement checklist

-Appointment confirmation form from VFS

-My passport, valid with two blank pages, and a photo copy of the ID pages and stamps/old visas.

-Photo copy of my diploma and attestations des stages

-My fully updated CV in French

-Two passport/ID photos

-An attestation d'herbergement/commodat ou contrat de prêt à usage, signed by both my employer and I. (I will be lodged in an apartment owned by my boss's family. Although this is not on the required list, I figured it would help to show that I already have lodging prepared).

-Plane ticket

Also, I have extensive travel experience in and out of the schengen area and have an old French student visa I applied to a few years ago. My diploma was earned in France and my stages (internships) have also been done in France as well. Additionally, it's worth noting that the work permit and contract in question is with the same employer I had previously done a 2 month CDD with a month ago. I also have the old work permit for this. He was very happy with my performance so he decided to sign me on a permanent contract.

I really just want everything to go well. I've gone through the list of all my needed documents and have poked around reddit and several other forums. But if anyone has any advice to share for my particular situation, or what to expect, I would be grateful!

Hello, i have applied for 2 visas here in France. Both times went completely different with the same documents. As listed above it appears you have all of the things needed for your visa, except the pre-paid "fiscal" stamp. It used to be a physical stamp, but now you can do this online. it's basically a tax you need to pay. Maybe it's not needed, but I have needed to supply this for mine?? Yes it is important you have an attestation for lodging - even if it is not listed. Also some sort of facture (mobile phone, etc) could be good.

Just to note - have everything organized with copies just in case (you probably will not need them but just in case). Also your experience will certainly depend on the person who helps you at your RDV. As i stated I've done this a few times and each time is different in terms of helpfulness.

My advice is that if something were to go wrong, just be kind and ask them if there is anything that can be done to resolve on site. What happened with me one time was that I didn't make seperate RDV's for myself and my wife. They were going to deny her update and require her to come back after making an appointment. We stressed to them that it was our fault, as we did not know we had to do this and it was urgent we had the renewal because of a trip. They were kind enough to accommodate the request and all was taken care of.

Good luck, im sure everything will go smoothly!