Dobromirka

Thanks to all the replies to previous post My husband is in Bulgaria at the minute Does anyone know about Dobromirka . I hear it has a bus route but was wondering about the village itself !

@rjburns

The village is very nice, I personally own a house there. There are a few shops, bus stop, pub, small river running through the village, easy access too from the main Sofia -Varna road

Thank you Thats really good to know My husband says the scenery is stunning. We are looking for somewhere with  bus and road links to the bigger centres.

My Partner and I own a house in Dobromirka, we don't get there as often as we like as we are both working in the UK so our visits are restricted by holiday allowance.

I can't comment on transport links as we have a car over in BG.

As Adriana says there are a few shops and a pub.

There are some expats in the village, we've only met a few of them,  I understand they usually meet up at the pub one night a week in the summer.

If you are interested in a bit of the history of the village go to the Bulgarian Wikipedia page and translate the page there's far more than the English site.

The only disappointment we have had: was when we were there in January, our house had been broken into. All the DIY hand tools and power tools for the garden were stolen.

@rjburns

There is a regular bus to Sevlievo /3 times a day/, but I mostly use my car. Easy drive to Veliko Tarnovo - 30 min

@porridgeandprunes

thank you for getting back to us How disappointing to find your stuff stolen !

Crime happens everywhere but is  your impression that the village is worst than most. or that you were just unlucky? We are not looking to buy right now but are serious a out making the move soon so any intell is very helpful

I notice that there are a few posts on the forum regarding security generally

@rjburns

I can't imagine that the village is any worse than most. I'd like to think it was bad luck. My partner (Bulgarian) is quite concerned about a return visit though.

We don't get to the house as often as we'd like - we usually aim for 3 visits a year. On this occasion we hadn't been for 6 months, since June. A neighbour thinks it might have happened some time around Christmas. Our house is on a very quiet road on the edge of the village, it is not done up in any way to draw attention, but who knows whether word got around that an Englishman has a house and it's not attended often.

One of the security posts in the forum was from me trying to work out what options might be viable for us - we can't afford an extravagant setup, but don't want the expense or inconvenience of the few valuable practical tools being stolen again.

We are back in BG next week, and I hope to find everything is still secure.

@porridgeandprunes love your handle BTW! Sadly rural theft happens everywhere - my step-brothers are farmers in the Peak District in England and they have had tools and quad bikes stolen, so I wouldn't necessarily conclude that the village is unsafe - it's a case of driving round in a van looking for empty houses. Shame though, I feel for you!

@porridgeandprunes

I hope you did find all was safe when you went back.

Thankyou for the good wishes. Thankfully everything was still secure, and as we left it.

@porridgeandprunes

Hi Thanks for all your intell.  It looks likre  we will complete on a place near Dobromirka after a few false starts. Did your last visit go to plan Hopefully no more thefts ! If things work out we will be in Sevlievo in June\July

@rjburns

Everything was fine thanks, all as we left it. We only had three days in Dobromirka, mainly fixing the fence from the previous trip and dealing with some damaged trees.

I hope everything goes well for you. I quite like Sevlievo, especially on Friday, which is market day. A great chance to get some really fresh local produce.

Thats good news. Hopefully we will be regulars at the Friday market ! Hoping to be there in June and again in July