Cost of living (annual rent)

I have noticed high price differences when comparing long term rent facilities between North East Thailand and various places in Paraguay.

Currently I  pay approximately 5,000 Baht (150 Dollar) including water, and electricity, per month.

In various places all around Paraguay I see prices 2 - 3 times higher for renting long term.

My question is; Are there any places in Paraguay where I can rent a decent furnished 1 room apartment, or studio around Asunction, or Ciudad del Este, or anywhere else, for around 150 - 200 Dollars per month?

I do hope to get some response.

Respectfully, Mr. Dutchie

@hvandijk6 Hello, a livable, clean and furnished apartment ( with normal and usable appliances) with the cost of water, electricity and internet is between 500 and 700 US dollars.

Sinamdi

Thank you very much for your short answer, but I think it is very much overpriced for Paraguay. I have been told that Paraguay is cheaper as Thailand for the cost of living (renting)!

@hvandijk6 rent in Asuncion can be expensive, but we have rented houses as we own dogs. The most we have paid is 800,000 guaranies, which is just over $100. They were not furnished though. In just about any place outside the Asuncion and Ciudad de este area you would be able to rent at a fraction of the cost. My recommendation would be Encarnacion.

Johan Smal

Thank you very much for your information. I will try to find out more about Encarnacion. Nice place and location.

@hvandijk6  I doubt it.  Certainly not in the 3 largest cities.  You might be able to get that in some rural areas but I'm a  bit pessimistic that even that could be done.