British mixed Marriage in morocco

Can someone please tell me exactly what documents need to be apostiled to get married in morocco?

@didi1998

you need a loy i never encounterd anyrhing such county with that many reqirement for court marriage and also ehen appling fo spouse visa ,

i am in tour shoes too,have all doc teady and just lately hited prof to help me which are reasonable little fee and they help you guide thru this process in person and thru online or phone advicung you step by step process

@didi1998

email me :and i will share my number and point you in the same direction as i am going as i am from london amd going morroco ? can i just ask which town or  city you are and which city you ar looking to visit ?as different country different reqirements

thanks kash

@islamkash

when are you traveling mate?

@islamkash salaam, can you share it here so everyone can see and benefit.

Salaam

Just confirming then, do any documents need fi be apostilled?

We will marry in Marrakech inshallah

@Yasmin21

all the best as i am going to marrakech at the end of this month too.

@muzzichuzzi brilliant. When is your appointment? Did you have your documents apostilled and which ones?

@Yasmin21 assuming you're marrying too! Best of everything for you too

You can find everything you need here it's very simple people make it very complicated but it actually isn't.

[link moderated]

The big thing with getting married in Morocco is it that it takes a lot of time. Your biggest hurdle will be getting a an appointment with the embassy if you are British. You need to really plan ahead with this the appointments are booked up five or six months in advance so there won't be any shotgun weddings happening which I kind of think might be the point and if you're really serious about someone why would it matter if you have to wait a little bit of time to marry them anyway.

But the actual hurdle is getting appointment in the first place as they are released at very odd times in the middle of the night and only a few at a time so you have to be really vigilant and keep checking the website of both the Rabbat and Marrakesh British embassies to book an appointment. I ended up managing to book my appointment at 3 a.m. so be prepared to put in the effort to get an appointment it's not easy.

The rest is really easy it's just getting certificates ready and sending out forms to various bodies in England all of it can be done online.

You're Moroccan partner should be helping you on their end so they will find the adul and set the price get all their documents ready and manage organizing getting all your documents translated into Arabic getting your police record from Morocco and your medical screening. My partner is organising all of this and it's not been any stress for me at all really.

The biggest takeaway is that this stuff takes time it takes many months and so if you're looking for a quick fix you're not going to find it here and it's going to be very frustrating for you but if you're prepared to organize this over a period of say six months you're going to be absolutely fine.

@Celina963 hello, when you say here did you share a link because I can't see one?!  I have everything I need and made my appointment. I just need to know about what documents need to be apostilled. That part is not clear or simple.

It doesn't seem to want to let me post the link it says the link is under review so hopefully if you check back once the moderators have made sure it's safe to look at it will be displayed but it doesn't seem to want to display it without that

Once you have been to the embassy and get your Capacity to Marriage also known as the Affirmation for marriage.

Affidavit of Nationality also known as Citizenship Certificate

Notarized Copy of your passport,  you then need to go and get all of your documents which is these document plus your birth certificate your police record your letter of employment and your three last pay slips translated into Arabic.

You then need to go to the police station and get a Moroccan criminal record check based off of your UK apac document.

You then need to go and get a health check medical to make sure that you are healthy and don't have any sexually transmitted diseases

Once you have all of that you can take this to a lawyer to be apostilled.

The embassy should be able to give you guidance once you get there I'm have your appointment full stop the court should also be able to let you know exactly what it needs because what I've learned Morocco is that different areas want different things so it's all about who your partner knows and how connected they are as well unfortunately

@Celina963 my question was related to apostilling documents from thr UK before the appointment. I know the two docs need to be legalised after.

You can go to any solicitor and just go and get that done.

Birth certificate

ACRO certificate

Letter of employment

That's it

Your passport gets notarised at the embassy

@Celina963 appreciate that thank you.