Becoming a resident

Interested in purchasing property and becoming a resident in Belize. Only problem I can see is the fact that I have 2 misdemeanors on my record. I served 2 months jail time for one of them. Would this prevent me from becoming a full time resident? Temporary resident?

@patmhaggerty to answer the question straight up , this wont stop you from becoming resident, the only thing is the time frame, everything is much slower in Belize. About purchasing property where exactly? I know a few real estate agents who can assist you.

@jaydraftingservices001

Ok. Im confused about the residency. On the offical Belize website it says "you have not been convicted of a criminal offense for which you may have been liable to a sentence of imprisionment of 12 months or more." Both my charges could have landed me in jail for 12 months or more. Seems that i wouldnt be eligible for residency.

Ive been interested in the San Pedro area. Ill be taking a trip in the not so distant future.

Just want to figure out this residency situation before i go any further. Dont want to put the cart before the horse.

Thanks

@patmhaggerty Hi good afternoon, There shouldn't be a confusion since it clearly states if you have been convicted for 12 months or more. You only served 2 for one of them. Also, that would be more penalized for those that aren't owners of property here in Belize.  Ownership to property is the easiest way for a foreigner to attain Residency.

My close friend who has been selling real estate in San Pedro for the past 13 years, As per him Raw Land is the way to go, he asked if you would be open to a quick call and that way he can help enlighten you to other questions you might have.

Look forward to your response, it would be great if we can exchange phone numbers and email addresses so as to send you more information on regards to properties and plans.

@jaydraftingservices001

Ill DM you soon