Looking to work as teacher anywhere in USA

Hello!

I am high school philosophy teacher, textbooks and teacher manual author as well as author of scientific and popular articles on education. I've founded and established national philosophy olympiad in Serbia.

I want to continue (and finish) my career anywhere in USA. I am not happy with applying for J-1 because I need to go home on 2 years after it but I never want to back home.

I am little upset and discouraged because I'm applyin more then one year on Indeed, Glassdoor, Monster etc and no result.

I don't insist to wokr as a teacher but that's the best I know and I can show in my Resume.

I think that with research you'll find that you first will need to have your education evaluated for USA equivalency,  you'll then have to look at state requirements for teacher's licenses and pass those requirements before a school (employer) can or will consider you as a candidate. 

Have you taken any of those steps?

It's a lot of work for a job that isn't well paid IMO.

Romaniac

Most employers won't take you before you get a work permit. So you probably have to start with a visa. The best option would be to try get a green card.

Most employers won't take you before you get a work permit. So you probably have to start with a visa. The best option would be to try get a green card.

-@elsieoyoo

Of course you must start with a visa.  He already mentioned the J-1 visa option.