ESTA question regarding working illegally in the US.

Regarding the ESTA application question, if the applicant is seeking out work or ever has?

Is there a time limitation on this. My wife worked at a restaurant for cash in 1997 at 22 which would be a “YES” to the question and no doubt void her eligibility for an ESTA visa. She's very honest (annoyingly so) and will answer yes. There must be a time frame where before a certain date it's no longer relevant. She 48 now.

Any  thoughts?

Regarding the ESTA application question, if the applicant is seeking out work or ever has?
Is there a time limitation on this. My wife worked at a restaurant for cash in 1997 at 22 which would be a “YES” to the question and no doubt void her eligibility for an ESTA visa. She's very honest (annoyingly so) and will answer yes. There must be a time frame where before a certain date it's no longer relevant. She 48 now.
Any  thoughts?

-@KrizyManiac

If there was a time limitation, they would have stated so.  When it comes to DHS and USCIS in the USA, they want an honest answer...regardless of how long ago it was.  That's why it's worded "or ever has".

Also, ESTA is not a visa type.  It is a travel authorization for citizens of Visa Waiver Program eligible counties.

Hope this helps clarify.

Romaniac

Thanks it helps . It just doesn't make sense that there wouldn't be a time limitation. imagine my wife when she's 70 having to confess to actions taken at 22 . thanks though 

Thanks it helps . It just doesn't make sense that there wouldn't be a time limitation. imagine my wife when she's 70 having to confess to actions taken at 22 . thanks though 

-@KrizyManiac

She might want to "forget" about it, and leave it at that ;)

@romaniac

i certainly would 🫣